1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198255955276 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Ch3mical_Penguin, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ch3mical_Penguin

Ch3mical_Penguin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:100503401
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198255955276

Victim profile: 76561198161272531

What happened? Description:
    The player contacted me inside a match after seeing my knife. We talked for a bit before eventually he made an offer of $300 in steam wallets codes after I declined him going first for paypal or transferring coins on csgowild (which is shut down). He shared his screen over skype (he added me, I didn't know him before) which showed him buying codes from paypal, however then he stopped sharing so he could enter his card details and didn't share again. Next, he sent me a trade offer for my knife, containing fake information saying I would receive $300 of codes after the trade was complete, at which point I knew it was a scam.

It is important to note, that from the screenshots it looks like his name is "TheKiler99" however, his name is "TheKiier99" with the second i capitalised. The only way I can prove it is really him, is that at the time on my computer (which is a few minutes ago) there is nobody with the name "TheKiler99" with the same styling as this person (he has emojis around his name)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Ch3mical_Penguin
    Please provide a full screen shot of that trade offer again- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. Ch3mical_Penguin

Steam:
    You should be able to see the popup URL in the first screenshot, I cannot open the trade in a web browser as the accused scammer has cancelled the trade
  4. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Hey Penguin,

You can still open the trade offer if you click "Incoming Offer History" on the right side of the Trade Offers window, so you should be able to get the screenshot Horse is asking for.
    Ch3mical_Penguin likes this.
  5. Ch3mical_Penguin

Steam:
    I hope this picture of the trade offer suffices, it contains the URL at the bottom and time of the picture taken ( 3 mins before sent) Scamproof3.png
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.