1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198115698729 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by swndlr, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swndlr

swndlr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:103181839
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198115698729

Victim profile: 76561198166629407

What happened? Description:
    This user added me and claimed to be interested in buying my M9 Fade for real life money. We then discussed pricing and other things for a bit until he finally came down to the dealing part. He claimed to want me to go first, then we agreed on a half-half payment method. Soon after, I suggested we use a middleman from Steamrep or /r/globaloffensivetrade and he said that a middleman wont be able to do anything for a real life trade (lol). He wanted me to prepare an offer, so I opened a trade window with him and put my knife in the window, I dont quite know why he wanted me to do this. He then offers to go first after I suggest using a middleman, asks for my PayPal email, sends me an invoice for the price we agreed to ($290 USD) and claims to have sent the payment, telling me to check my email for anything from PayPal (knowing that invoices show up immediately in an email). I tell him that he sent me nothing but an invoice, which isnt money and we proceed to argue and he claims to be recording the entire thing and that he will report me to an "admin" for scamming him when in reality he was trying to scam me. After a few minutes of keyboard warrior arguing he settles and tries to send me another payment. He then sends me, not a payment, but a money request, essentially the exact same thing as an invoice. We then continue to argue for a few more minutes and he then asks my age and I dont tell him, he also tells me my real name, which is tied to my email. He then continues to call me a scammer and that he trusted me, etc. At the end, he tells me "you'll get news from me". He also says "If I dont get this knife, dont worry. Cya" which I can infer that he is going to try to dox me or find more information about me? Lol anyway, he then says my dad wont be happy and says "no more pc, no more internet" which Im assuming is some sort of threat to hit me offline or something stupid. Ive attached images of the entire chat log, and also the emails of his fake payments.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attached screenshots below, everything is shown within them​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @swndlr
    Need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.
  3. swndlr

swndlr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:103181839
    [​IMG]
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - make sure you report the user to Valve also

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    swndlr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.