1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198150222421 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jrizzy | csgobig.com, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrizzy | csgobig.com

Jrizzy | csgobig.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:88089681
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198150222421

Victim profile: 76561198136445091

What happened? Description:
    I know this this person through csgolounge who offered me a knife for mine so I accepted his request. Later when we were doing the deal he wanted me to trade my items to an "Admin" to verify if it was real or not. I knew this was fake and went through to see what he would do. He linked me to a fake admin account and then I told him that he was a fake and nice scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    The account he linked to me was to a fake profile of Curly Brace. Sadly the link he sent me no longer opens up his account so I can't upload that. Also this fake admin account was using a game called "Non-steam game Valve Item Verification" or something which might lure people into their trap.​

Attached Files:

2. Rui

Rui Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53875948
    Thank you for the report, I'll go ahead and mark this as evidence provided and an admin will take a look at it.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - there isn't much more we can do to this user - no idea why you were even dealing with them as they are already tagged/banned. Next time you come across a user like this its best to report to Valve, delete and move on.
    Also in the future make 100% sure you include the SR profile block on the description of the other user mentioned in any deal for reference.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.