1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198130301810 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jiraiya™, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiraiya™

Jiraiya™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60269221
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198130301810

Victim profile: 76561198080804171

What happened? Description:
    First thing's first, I understood from the beginning that this user has been identified as a scammer. I only wanted to bait more evidence because I can't stand cash-scam scumbags.

This user added me and asked me if I was selling my pricey unusual. I said yes and asked 200 dollars from him. He then asked me if I knew how to use Paypal, but hadn't asked for any rep; just past transactions. He swiftly "agreed" to sending me the money and then sent me an invoice via Paypal for 200 dollars. I asked him why he sent me an invoice, and he tried to convince me it was a transaction. No money came through to my account, as expected; he then sent me a few assumingly fake screenshots of his Paypal transactions. The Paypal homepage link in one of the screenshots he sent me didn't even match the normal Paypal home page link. After I accused him of sending me fake screenshots, he accused me of being a "Paypal noob" and a scammer. I told him I'd report him and he vowed to do the same. He caps locked "SCAMMER" and unfriended me.​

Provide Evidence:
    One screenshot he sent me of fake Paypal home page: https://gyazo.com/18f879e9c806b18d152e038a502768e8
    Second fake Paypal homepage screenshot: https://gyazo.com/87a27e6af58f93217c0ab592acf9126f
    Both of these files are also attached.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There is no reason to 'bait' another user... in fact this user is already tagged/banned thru Steamrep and partners and there is nothing more we can do to them.
    Should you run across a user like this you should just report to Valve, delete and move on.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.