1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198198840354 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by rxg | ShreaderDragon, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxg | ShreaderDragon

rxg | ShreaderDragon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:141436962
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198198840354

Victim profile: 76561198243139652

What happened? Description:
    I was in a trade server buying quicksells. He trades me, first it says multiple have reported him as a scammer and I was suspicious. Then secondly he said it was worth 16 keys and he'd sell for 13.5. It was worth 13 and I called him out. He says "Oops" and says 8 keys? I respond with 7 and he says ok. I add the 7 keys and he says he wants to add me first though. I ask why but he doesn't say. I add him and the trade goes into confirmation. He says he added me for a group thing he'd tell me later. I tell him to confirm and so he does except after refreshing multiple times the trade dosent come up on my phone. I double check he confirmed. He then types really fast in all caps to KEEP REFRESHING. I tell him I'll send a offer to him so I accept first he then says OMG FFS etc and puts me off track. He says in all caps to check my pc. I check the trades and what you know. He canceled the unusual trade and offered me a unique one for 7 keys. I decline it and call him out on it. Hes says lol then "took you long enough" unadds me and blocks. I knew he was a scammer from the start especially selling the unusual for so cheap.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I need to see the two trade offers side by side in a few screenshots as you mouse over the items Full screens please. @rxg | ShreaderDragon
  3. rxg | ShreaderDragon

Steam:
    Like this?
    Steamrep 8.png Steamrep 9.png
  4. rxg | ShreaderDragon

Steam:
    May I also add. After talking with one of his friends I asked him if he knew the guy and he really didn't he messaged him just asking "Are you a scammer?" He was then unadded and blocked afterwards and he told him hes going to cashout and delete the account. The account is now privated and he recently changed his name back from Deleted account to his name again.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks you can also report user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.