1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198344311719 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by T H I C C, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T H I C C

T H I C C New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48712921
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198344311719

Victim profile: 76561198057691571

What happened? Description:
    On CSGOlounge.com, I was offered a skin (StatTrak M4A1-S Hyper Beast - Factory New) worth ~$150, for my knife, a Bowie Knife Urban Masked Battle-Scarred worth ~$45. Of course, I should have known it was too good to be true, but as it was a steam trade, I thought it would be safe, and he obviously really wanted the knife I had - of course, I should have known better. His profile information stated to not add him, but to instead just send him a trade offer. I pressed the trade link in his profile, put in my items, and chose the skin he had promised me which was in his inventory, then confirmed the trade. But- as it turns out, it was not the skin I wanted. The trade link in his profile had directed me to an alt account of his, under the same name. It was foolish of me not to double-check his credentials, yes, but it was still a sly tactic - one I had no clue of until after the offer had been accepted, and my items were gone. In this alt account- the inventory was exactly the same, except the skin's condition, which was supposed to be factory new was instead, well worn - thus decreasing the value of the item by roughly $125. I'm obviously shaken - as all are after a scam, as am I angry at myself for making such a foolish mistake, however I am lucky, as this scam only lost me $25.

It could have been much worse for someone else, and that is why I am filing this report.

I would hate for someone to go through this but even worse.

I hope you understand my concerns, and lay down a punishment for this scammer that will ensure people will be wary of what he is doing - as I wasn't. :)

P.S If there is any discrepancies with the Valve Trading TOS or whatever that could possibly help me recover my items (although i highly doubt there is) couldyou let me know? I will certainly also look into this myself.

Thank you​

Provide Evidence:
    I didn't chat with him - as his profile said do not add.

Here are screenshots of his main and alt, as well as their inventories. The item he gave me in my inventory is also included. When I looked at his inventories, my knife was no where to be seen, and the weapon he traded me - replaced. ??

What he gave me - what was used for the scam:
    View attachment 495164

Alt: View attachment 495163
    Main:
    View attachment 495162

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You should always add users and discuss trades - trade offers always cause trouble IMO and perfect example of it.
    You won't get the item back unless the user appeals and since the user has been doing this a while with multiple accounts its very very unlikely. You need to also pay more attention to the items YOU place in a trade offer if you do that method... the user used clear deception YES...but you were the one that added the items.
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

| steamname: Yes My Lord
    | steam3ID: [U:1:383267661]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:191633830
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198343533389
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198343533389

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.