1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198290089029 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Solnx, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solnx

Solnx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31926223
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198290089029

Victim profile: 76561198024118174

What happened? Description:
    User was on Alias Trade server advertising a gut knife black pearl for 43 keys. Added the user and negotiated a deal. We mutually agreed. He sent me a live trade request and included the black pearl. User closed out the trade before it completely citing a mistake on his part. Immediately resent a live trade window request including a now phase 3 gut knife. I confronted the user about using a item switch to de-fraud me - which he admitted guilt. User also named his accomplice.

| steamname: fishdinnas
    | steam3ID: [U:1:314060030]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:157030015
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198274325758
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198274325758

Provide Evidence:
    Scam.PNG - Users inventory with a gut black pearl
    Scam2.PNG - Same users inventory with a P3 gut
    Scam3.PNG - Admission of guilt
    Scam4.PNG - Designating his accomplice
    Scam10.PNG - Accomplices inventory including the same P3 shown in Scam2.PNG
    Scam11.PNG - Name log of user as he was Maui when we started negotiating​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Solnx I need two screenshots or one showing everything of the event happening as you described. You showing me the user having items in a backpack means nothing to what you are accusing the user of.
    Do you have this yes or no?
  3. Solnx

Solnx New User

Steam:
    I'm confused on what you are missing. I not only have provided his inventory switching items, but also chat logs in which he agrees to sell me the black pearl as well as proof we attempted trades twice. Additionally, the user admits to switching the items that I have proven he has had.

Please clarify on what else you require to close this report.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Admission isn't enough to draw a tag here...I need to see proof of the attempt. I need to see the scam in process as in the user putting two different items in a trade live or two diff trade overs that also include date/time stamps so I can match it up against the chat.
    Basically its the same as if someone did a crime - an officer got a confession out of them yet no hard evidence won't arrest them..I need hard evidence of the scam attempt.
  5. Solnx

Solnx New User

Steam:
    The trade window auto closes in a live trade - that's why I have his inventory pictures. He not only admitted to trying to defraud me his inventory shows he had the ability as you can see he switched out the items. Additionally, his admitted accomplice has the exact gut that was used to switch back and forth. I would heavily emplore you to not dismiss this based on these facts.

-He admitted to switching out the gut knife black pearl with a p3 in an attempt to defraud
    -We established two live trades during our conversation
    -His inventory contained both a black pearl and then a phase 3
    -His admitted accomplice traded the phase 3 back and forth between their accounts. If you check now the gut knife is back in his admitted accomplices inventory

I can understand just a random guy saying "sorry I tried to scam you" isn't completely compelling evidence. Except when I am able to show that he switched out the items as detailed. I believe I showed intent and the capabilities to execute on his intention. Coupled with proof we established a live trade I am having a hard time reasoning why this is beyond a doubt.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm not dismissing anything - I can not review the report without hard evidence of the scam in progress showing the attempt.
    The users friend info or whatever he suggests about him is irrelevant.
    Do you have this evidence that I need?
  7. Solnx

Solnx New User

Steam:
    While I disagree what I have provided does not constitute hard evidence - I really do not have anything more to provide.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok since all have is the chat without the evidence to show the scam in progress I'm not issuing a full tag. I will however run a caution over the users profile for what did transpire but nothing more at this time.
    Its very important to get screenshots as a trade is happening to show exactly what is going on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.