1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Reporting an obvious impersonator.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Tsarius, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Tsarius

Tsarius New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40040109
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119426201

I just changed my profile picture to save myself some trouble, but it was Shadow up until I was informed of this profile. They've impersonated multiple people before me on steamtrades.com and have apparently scammed at least 5 others.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Never change your own stuff, for then you get more suspicious etc.

and you can report these just like any others via: http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond

Also, if they wrongly accuse you, you can easily acquitted by showing inventory history etc. Most times they just click the SR link ppl link them instead of finding out for themselves.
  3. Tsarius

Tsarius New User

Steam:
    Oh okay, I just followed the link from the main steamrep page to this forum, so I guessed that this was were you report stuff. Also, I'm not the slightest bit worried about looking suspicious, I changed it to avoid backlash. If someone links you to a rep page with a different profile picture, you're gonna know something's up. Oh, and she's significantly more adorable than Shadow.
  4. Tsarius

Tsarius New User

Steam:
    Well this is interesting...I can't report the impersonator without screenshots of them trying to scam me? I AM me, they're not gonna try to scam me if they're pretending to be me.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You do realize the amount of weird cartoon characters that people use for steam profile images and names are very high? You do a search for just say "crab" (yeah I know its very basic) and you see a ton of people using just "crab" or variations of it but that doesn't mean they are impersonating anyone with the intent to scam. You have to prove intent or the attempt to scam someone with using their name and information.
    So keep that in mind when you are saying someone is using a similar name to you or someone else.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    If you mean this: http://steamrep.com/
    The "report fraud" button goes directly to that report form on this forum. The "forum" link indeed just goes to the main forums here.
    How did the "forum" link on the main page mean to you that it was the report location? And how did you miss the other subforums there then which specifically NAME what they are for?

Reading skills, its some lost art of the ancient.

As for the screenshots, screenshots of your own profile and the impersonator will do.
    Intent to fraud in your name is proven by screenshots of chat etc where the impersonator links to your profile, or your reputation thread etc. to a intended victim.