1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammed by a admin

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by color, Oct 27, 2015.

1. color

color New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:126712718
    I was using fluffy penguin to middleman and after a bit of discussion, he left and blocked me. Please somebody with power help me get this guy banned for just leaving after I got scammed. Also he blocked me after.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    The person that scammed you was most likely an impersonator and not the real "Penguin the Fluffy".

Go to your inventory history and click on the image of the person you traded with, then copy and paste the url into the SteamRep search bar. Chances are that person will not have a green tag.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @color
    Please complete the following steps, exactly as written, in order:

1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.
    Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.

Do NOT look up the accused's profile from the admin/middleman lists, or from any other website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    Do include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.

Take this information and make a full report
    http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    What is wrong with people.. can anyone please VERIFY that they are dealing with a real Admin, I mean really.
    Katpolice, Enstage and a Gentleman like this.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    How I feel every time I see one of these..
    [​IMG]
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Well I don't feel that bad. That's why we use macros, one click and you can repeat yourself over and over.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Even the macro's feel that way, they repeat themselves in the list :)
    SIVARTZ, TFD_Industries™ and Clive like this.