1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scamming Accomplice

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Savey Charms, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Savey Charms

Savey Charms New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91151946
    Doing my research before trading with an individual, I found out that he was placed under Caution from Mann Co Trading, and the "middleman" he provided has received 2 reports, 1 of which was very similar to the method used trying to scam my knife. I was wondering if this is one of the scams that I could report, since I wasn't actually scammed. Thanks for the help! If it is allowed, I would like to make a report on the individual with actual evidence.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Which middleman? Some of them have pending reports because of likely imposters and someone else thinking they were the accused when they didn't verify thru trade history or verify properly to start with. From what you are saying no scam is happening or started to happen so no report would be needed. The caution tag is just that..a caution for you to decide if you wish to deal with that person.
  3. Savey Charms

Savey Charms New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91151946
    He claims to be an official middleman when he isn't, nor is he impersonating anyone that is known within this community. My screenshots include our chats and how he claims that the steamrep admins are corrupted(I found this quite hilarious.) They then proceeded to leave, with the "buyer" telling me to kill myself. This "buyer" also has reps from 2014, which instantly triggered suspicion.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Just make a report then - it either goes thru, or we ask for more evidence or we invalidate/archive it.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Official Middleman of what? for something to be "official" it must be endorsed by somebody or group or community of sorts....