1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198022110827 Tentacles Jr. (Banned by RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tentacles Jr., Sep 22, 2013.

1. Tentacles Jr.

Tentacles Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30922549
    Hey,
    I was interested in seeking information for why my account is marked as a RAWR Scammer. My steamrep page doesn't provide any information when I click the "scammer" link, nor does it specify what exactly I did wrong. However, this tag goes back to 06/22/2011. I noticed this tag a couple months after I had been marked for reasons unknown. I was confused that I had gotten a scammer tag when I had very rarely visited that server, I decided the best thing to do was ask why I had been marked on the RAWR forums. Unfortunately, I was not given an explanation, and was dismissed without an answer to my question. After that, I didn't do much about it, I just kept playing TF2 and didn't let it bother me. But then somewhere along the line, I couldn't access sites like TF2op,TF2wh, etc. and that's what brought me here today.

Also, my steamrep page lists "Alts" as friends in real life who have logged into my computer, and subsequently got marked as well. I encourage you to thoroughly investigate each of these accounts to show that they are not my own, but rather my friends'. It was an unfortunate incident that marked them as well; since they logged into my computer to play games and caused the IPs to match.

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tentacles Jr.
    Steam Account
    Steamrep
  2. Tentacles Jr.

Tentacles Jr. New User

Steam:
    If you have any questions regarding issues that I may have not been clear about, please feel free to contact me on Steam. I have a link provided in the original post above.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Tentacles Jr.,

Your appeal thread has been categorized into:All Other Tag Appeals

Please read this topic: SteamRep: Appeal tips
    If after reading that you have any missing information in your appeal, you can append/correct information by making posts in your appeal topic.

PS: This reply does not mean your appeal is under investigation or being worked on yet. It is just a first call to complete your information. So that when investigation starts, the appeal admin can work faster through the appeal.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Tentacles Jr.,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  6. Tentacles Jr.

Tentacles Jr. New User

Steam:
    Replying to ensure I will be checking the appeal regularly.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Tentacles Jr.,

Your appeal has been granted. All accounts have been cleared.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**