1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So, I found a heavyweight scammer ($10k+). Now what

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SuperMar1o, Jun 25, 2014.

1. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35133119
    I have put together overwhelming proof of a steam members nefarious activities. Involving phishing, scamming, chargebacks, fake MM and more. I have extensive flow charts all with links for proof and history. Still developing the map of his evildoing but holy s✿✿✿ does this guy has quite a network, he has stolen tens of thousands of dollars in items ranging from high end unusuals, earbuds, keys, Max's severed heads, the list is endless. (he stole over $2000 in one chargeback alone)

Once the proof is amassed, I am wondering if there is a way to press this matter on a higher level then just banning him on this site. I know his main and I have many of his alts, but the problem is there is NOTHING to stop him from doing this in the future. Is there a way to work with steam to get him perma-banned from everything? We can ban his main from now till forever but nothing is stopping him from phishing another main and moving forward like nothing happened after which it will take more months to make a complete case

Thanks.
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    If you have overwhelming proof, feel free to submit a report against him on the forums. This post does absolutely nothing when you don't even give the name of the scammer or his profile(s).
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Report whatever evidence you have here and it can help us work with communities to reduce their impact.

That being said, if you'd like to report a sizable crime, here's one such place to look into: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
  4. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    Those people don't care about TF2 game items lol but I do appreciate the thought.
    I will post the info as soon as I finish compiling. I don't want to alert him before I get a chance to connect all the dots.

Just testing the water before I report. He has multiple alts, some accounts he has phished and so on. I have never reported anyone before and always just figured being scammed was something you had to watch out for, but when this guy is phishing accounts that are 8 years old, has over 2000 hours in TF2, lots of games and good rep, it's moving to a whole new line of evil...
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Those people care very much about online fraud, and I highly recommend reporting to them if you want to make a real world impact on a perpetrator.

It's what we would do on the community's behalf if the abuses are as large as you say. Law enforcement absolutely should be involved in any substantial fraud case.

Keep in mind, though, that hijackers are very, very slippery. Just because they have had access to an account does not mean that account is "really them"-- they don't live in their real skin very often.

I look forward to seeing the evidence once it is made public (or to happily hear that you are providing it privately to the authorities or Valve).
  6. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    If you have some free time, I could certainly throw what I have so far at you, maybe you can link more dots then I can.
    If you want more info, just throw me a gmail in a PM and I will share my notes.
  7. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    Ok so quick question. When I have time to submit the report (which has doubled in size since I last posted lol) who do I file the report under? I assume the guy I am targeting as the leader but I wanted to make sure that was right.

He has also apparently been banned before (his main had over $8500 when banned last time) and like 6-8 accounts that were alts of his which. Hence my reason for thinking he will just go right back to it. Wish yall knew someone in the IC3 personaly. Will do what I can to finish linking people but once I hit a dead end, its all going public (after I neaten that s✿✿✿ up xD its a huge mess right now.). THanks!
  8. Pringles

Pringles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53215696
    Maybe going public isnt the best idea? This guy is clearly a mastermind at what he's doing and knowing that someones on to him may mean that its harder for you to pin him.
  9. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    That's why he hasn't posted anything yet, he's waiting until his investigation can't go any further, that way it also means other people can try and find out even more.
  10. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    Yep, one of those "Fine Line" things. Where if I keep it under wraps I can keep an eye on this guy, but by doing so other people could get hurt. The act of prematurely posting the information a few days ago definitely would of hampered my investigation but once I hit the extent of my time and effort, I hope other people will take up the banner and sleuth beyond my experience.
  11. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Why don't you just report him already. Or add me and I'll do what I can to write a report for you if you have a legitimate amount of proof/evidence. I certainly have the experience in such things.
  12. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @ForteSP, Your missing what we are saying about this. Some things are better left alone until you gather "all" evidence. If a premature report was filed and the evidence did not back the claims you were making about said person, you have tipped him off as to what is going on. This person will then either stop what he is doing and lay low or just make another smurf account and delay all the work that SuperMar1o has done. When the time is right and he thinks he has exhausted all his efforts to prove guilt, he will then post his report.
  13. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam:
    Sorry, I was going to submit a report yesterday after I got all my ducks in a row but I was called away for an unscheduled business meeting for the whole day. I will give it my last crack at it (unless I find more and it takes more time) today and probably post a report this evening.
  14. SuperMar1o

SuperMar1o New User

Steam: