1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So I have a slight problem...

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [BG] munzerinio, Jan 28, 2015.

1. [BG] munzerinio

[BG] munzerinio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47493042
    So I had offered my Sulphurous Tuff Stuff Muffs (16 buds) plus sweets for a Burning Charmer's Chapeau, and he was only selling a Purple Energy Charmer's Chapeau, so he got confused and accepted my request (I did NOT mean to confuse him). Now he came back to me and asked me to give him his Chapeau back, and he would give me my items back and I'm not too sure, because if I don't, then I may get marked on Steam Rep, and if I do, I'll be unhappy that I've lost a good item. I only care about if what I did was against the rules or not.

Thanks,

-munzerinio.
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Well, if you didn't deceive him, i.e. you said "I'll give you x item, and you give me y item." And he says sure, and x and y items are traded over, then later he asks for y item back in return for x. You don't have to trade him back. As long as the trade agreement was upheld, you aren't in the wrong.

Edit - Just read that twice, did you buy a Purple Energy Charmer's Chapeau off the guy instead of a Burning one? Cause if so then I'm not sure :3
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Was there a chat about it before you trade offered?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  4. [BG] munzerinio

[BG] munzerinio New User

Steam:
    There was no chat whatsoever before the trade was completed.
  5. [BG] munzerinio

[BG] munzerinio New User

Steam:
    So basically, I did NOT buy the P.E Chapeau, I had offered him my Sulph Muffs plus around 14 keys in sweets for his Burning Chapeau, with NO previous discussion. I had, and still don't, have any intention whatsoever to scam him or trick him. It was him just not looking at the items in the trade.

P.S I had asked another admin: 'if I kept it, would I get a ban?' and he said 'You won't' (Sjru). I'm just looking for further confirmation, but so far, it doesn't seem like it's against the rules, because 2 other fairly experienced players had said that I probably won't get marked.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Well, as there was no prior agreement, the trade offer becomes the negotiation, and accepting it becomes the trade agreement. Its up to both parties to check w/e is in that trade offer.
    So indeed, I cannot fault you.

However, its not uncommon that traders repair the trade with such mistakes. If that means swapping to the other item, or undo the trade, that is some they can figure out between themselves. See it like a bit of up keeping one's reputation, of being honest and willing to repair means that other traders would be more interested to trade with such people for various reasons.
    I'm NOT saying you must retrade. Only asking to consider it, or even work some out with the other guy.