1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Some feedback for all the guys working on Steamrep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ZynXao, Nov 18, 2016.

1. ZynXao

ZynXao New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:137585990
    Just wanted to say that all of you working here do a great job making this site as awesome as it is :) you saved a lot of people getting scammed just by making a quick profile check on here. I'm using Steamrep a lot while doing trades and also keep myself updated of new scam methods which get posted in the forum. Of course I also reported a few users who tried to scam me and the admins/moderator on here where always kind and helpfull. so keep it up guys. the community highly appreciates your work.

Have a nice day
    Gara, Sniper Pro, a Gentleman and 2 others like this.
  2. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    I have to agree with you and I think that all the SR staff likes these kind of small messages sent to them by others. It gives credits for their hard - very hard - work.

Thank you SR & SR Staff!
  3. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Great job and all that, but I still see that most of the newcomers, new traders or even people who are familiar with this are getting scammed by SteamRep banned scammers unfortunately. There are still a lot of people who don't know SteamRep who are trading or they're just too lazy to check traders/users thru SteamRep. Which still blows my mind, because most of the bigger trading sites use SteamRep API and even have a direct SteamRep profile link to users on their profile.
    Not to mention some users still think they will get back their stolen items/skins if they file a SteamRep scam report, I even saw some users demanding their stolen skins back when their report was accepted and the accused was banned. There are so many notifications, guides and even pop-ups telling users to use the SteamRep's Pretrade tips guide so they can avoid trading with a middleman/community admin impersonator and that "Item Checking/Verification" is a scam but they still fall for that. How are these people searching for real middlemen on SteamRep but they always encounter SR Banned scammers and they don't realize this?
  4. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41848506
    Yeah I agree with you Edvin, many traders don't check SteamRep before trading which is a massive mistake. And I agree, it is very strange that these users trust these 'fake' admins without even checking the official website.

But what can I say, there will always be naive people who fall for the simplest of things. Just the world we live in :/
  5. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Thank you ZynXao for the kind words.