1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Someone backed out of a deal, what can I do?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 9insane9, Sep 16, 2016.

1. 9insane9

9insane9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62146978
    I made a deal yesterday with someone that we would trade today and today the person has deleted me from his friends list. All the proof I have are his posts on a thread agreeing to a deal and him posting his profile link on Reddit which is visible on his profile. I didn't think to screencap the chat logs on Steam because I didn't think he would back out. What can I do? Is it appropriate and/or possible to giet him a -rep for this?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Did you send him anything expecting something back, or did he simply decide he wasn't making any deal at all?
  3. 9insane9

9insane9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62146978
    No transactions of any sort took place since he backed out before that.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SteamRep doesn't have anything to do with reputation or "-rep" as you put it.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As long as no transactions took place, any party can say: I no longer have interest to trade. It's something else if part of the trade there was some agreement about acquiring something (items, games w/e) for the trade. But in that case you would need the trade agreements chat screens.
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  6. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    Take it as a cheap learning lesson not to trust anyone over the internet. In the future if you think that holding out on an item can affect you if the person you're holding the item for changes their mind ask them for a non refundable deposit so if they change their minds while you are holding the item for them then you won't be impacted as much.