1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Someone just sent me a nice trade offer [Question]

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Snow Republic, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Snow Republic

Snow Republic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98088613
    A user with an account with tons of valuable skins but not many games owned or steam level just sent me a trade offer, his Stattrack factory new Flip knife tiger tooth for my Karambit blue steel minimal wear with a very low float, the trade seems fair, my knife is worth around 116 keys and his is 122 keys, I'm afraid something can happen to me if he scammed this knife, it's not like I'm accepting it for free, I'm trading it in a fair way. I want to know what could go wrong after receiving the knife.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Valve might do something, no way anyone can tell what though (especially without even knowing the account you're talking about). The chance is pretty low though. Be careful and use your own judgement.

Nothing will happen to you on SteamRep, trading with scammers/scammer alts is not markable anymore.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Add the user - discuss the trade so there are no questions, take screen shots as you go along since you can always delete them later if all is good.
    I'm not a fan of blind trade offers (I personally rather dislike trade offers). Always good to add the user and discuss the trade as any good/honest trader will take their time with you.
  4. Snow Republic

Snow Republic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98088613
    This is the user: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198262719546
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @Snow Republic

I would advise not to trade with that user at all. That account it's clearly an obvious alt / throwaway account, potentially having fraudulent items. You should just ignore that user and move on.
    This is just my advise, you can do whatever you feel like it's a good decision and I am sure you will find a better deal soon. Good luck with your trades and stay safe!
    Snow Republic likes this.