1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Someone sent me a new kind oh phishing link and I feel like someone else should look at it

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by vurt, Mar 23, 2015.

1. vurt

vurt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43798229
    So this guy added me asking me to ring for a scrim. I thought it was kind of odd, but I said sure anyways. When I asked for mumble he said there wasn't an ip, and the only way to get to the server was with mumble version 1.2.5, and posted a link to a download. Instant red flag right there. The only reason I'm posting here instead of just blocking and un-adding is because its not a bot, this guy has a few hundred hours in game, and he had a steam level. So I feel like he should be marked or something along those lines. I know this has nothing to do with trading, but I'm 90% sure he is someone who found a trade on outpost and is adding people from there and sending them phishing links. I'll post the bulk of the convo below.

2:44 PM - Vnuk: server Estonia room cs2 in mumble
    2:45 PM - vurt: you mean like the public servers?
    2:45 PM - Vnuk: ohh
    2:45 PM - Vnuk: no
    2:45 PM - Vnuk: what version mumble are you using?
    2:45 PM - vurt: do you have an ip and a port?
    2:45 PM - vurt: 1.2.8
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: this server hasnt port and ip
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: only 1.2.5 can find all servers which doesnt has ip and port
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: can you get 1.2.5?
    2:46 PM - vurt: lol, how does your server not have an ip
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: all your servers will be save in 1.2.5
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: some servers hasnt ip and port
    2:46 PM - Vnuk: (((
    2:47 PM - Vnuk: only 1.2.5 can find all servers
    2:47 PM - Vnuk:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    *LINK REMOVED*
    2:47 PM - Vnuk: we are using this version
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Make a report in the reports section, screenshot of chat etc.

and yeah, we are familiar with the "method" to get someone to install mallware by a bogus version of software.
  3. Torgue

Torgue New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41670677
    Report phishers on Steam because there isn't a lot SteamRep can do about them. Valve can disable the accounts.
    Thomas Matthias likes this.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    This wasn't automated phishing, this was directed phishing by someone convincing to use a program to get into a voice server. This is therefore a person, not a bot, and hence a report here is in its place.
    Flying Anonymoose likes this.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663