1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Someone trying to make me trade ban

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Anerae, May 24, 2015.

1. Anerae

Anerae New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20348452
    Hey guys,

Hope I'm in the right topic, well as the title said someone is trying to get me trade ban. The history is someone wanted to buy me skin weapon for real money through PayPal. I agree and he went first. But then the problem came, I didn't receive the money it said it was on "pending" and I had 0 money on my PayPal wallet. I couldn't refund him since it was on pending and he kept pressuring me about getting me trade ban. I tried my best to find a solution and even ask him to complain to paypal, and I even did it. Can someone help me about this ?

There's some screenshot about what happened. Should I delete my paypal account so he can get his money back ?

Sans titre.png Sans titre2.png Sans titre3.png Sans titre4.png Sans titre5.png Sans titre6.png
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Valve is not banning for paypal trading. Possible reasons why it was "Pending" could be that he didn't have the fund on his paypal, and needed to transfer money to paypal to let the payment go thru. This can often take several days.

As I don't speak french, I cant see what issue was.
  3. Anerae

Anerae New User

Steam:
    Thank you for your answer. When you mean french, you're talking about the first screen ? It said your payment is in "pending" you have to wait until June 14th to get your money.
  4. Anerae

Anerae New User

Steam:
    Since I can't find the edit button, that mean I can't get ban right ? I mean based on the screenshot I sent (which are the only "proof" I have)
  5. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    You still should have been able to refund or cancel the payment. This happened to me a week or so ago when I tried to buy something. I sent the money but when I sent it via my bank, there's a delay/pending payment since they send an e-check. So my seller refunded/canceled and I sent the payment via my debit card info, and it was instant.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Could've also been an invoice. Invoice scams are very common. Considering that he was threatening you with a trade ban, I'm guessing he wasn't legit and was trying to force you into trading.

The trade ban system is largely automated based on number of reports.
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Je comprend en peut en Francais, mais - it really seems like an invoice scam.