1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Spelling In Topics

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ᴾᴾᴹ+ARG+, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ᴾᴾᴹ+ARG+

ᴾᴾᴹ+ARG+ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53106260
    Hello,
    While reviewing a thread I found some simple spelling problems which I would like to adress ans fix. The problem was the huge use of a before another a (I.E. a appeal, a admin) just letting you know that that is a spelling error in that topic if you would like me to revise it please feel free to message me!
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Being ("a") Admin, I find your lack of usage for the Comma (",") more disconcerting, that and the combination of using capital letters in every word for the topic subject ofcourse. Another thing, you posted this in the guides section, and this is not much of a guide. Hence, I've moved it to the general section.

As the staff here is quite international, where a large portions of our admins and mods aren't coming from English native speaking countries, its understandable that they don't always know all the finer points spelling. As the intended public is also mostly unaware of such, this balanced out. You are welcome to check our official guides and other topics we have put up and give suggestions. We have however not the intention to divert manpower to review and then ask somebody to spell check those topics. The site is build upon people that show self-initiative to help, for we want people to have their own initiative. We do not tell to mods or other admins which topics they should do. We set guidelines, and they can go forward from that. We consider such to be a huge waste of time. Yes, admins can ask other admins or mods to do something specific, but we in general are reticent to do so.