1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam Community Market Bots

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sexy Spartacus, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Sexy Spartacus

Sexy Spartacus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47246514
    Hello guys!

I am in need of your help.

I've tracked down around 20 +/- accounts of a botter on the Steam Community Market.

Also found his Storage account which earned more than 12.000$ in less than a month botting.

I reported this botter and his alt accounts through the "Report Violation" steam function, and also sent an e-mail to Steam Support.

They told me they'd investigate this matter and take apropriate action.

After weeks of no action I send another e-mail and used the "Report Violation" function again.

Same response: "We'll investigate this matter and take apropriate action".

As there's no action yet I need help of you guys, how do we take action against these botters? Is it possible to get this guy banned on his Storage + Alt accounts??

I'm pretty sure he's in possession of more than 30 accounts and creating more and more taking over the Steam Community Market.

I'm in possession of evidence material on those accounts including the Steam ID's, and Steam Links.

Let me know if you can help me!;)

Kind Regards,
    Sexy Spartacus.
  2. Sexy Spartacus

Sexy Spartacus New User

Steam:
    Is it possible to Ban Steam Community Market bots?
  3. Sexy Spartacus

Sexy Spartacus New User

Steam:
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We cannot ban or otherwise inhibit anyone from using the community market, because we are not in any way affiliated with Valve. Using a bot on the community market doesn't constitute fraud, so we wouldn't mark someone for it anyway.

I moved your posts from the Ask a SteamRep Staff Member thread into here. Please don't hijack other threads to bring attention to your own. Keep it in one thread.
  6. Nabert

Nabert New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:193969
    OP bots are barely different from buy orders. People make buy orders for all kinds of amounts of money. From what I understand bots are mainly used for listing snipers but the truth is the sniping would happen anyway with or without the bots. For example a while back I sold a csgo knife for 2.62 and my friends bot was set to snipe that amount. My friend did not receive the item, a person using the buy order got it. This showed at least me and my friend that it does not really matter.

It is not your job to hunt down and stalk people for what you feel is wrong, this used to be an SSA violation that resulted in closure of the account but it seems a lot less enforced in recent times. SteamREP is an antifraud and antiscam community, botting falls under neither category. All you can do is report, if Valve chooses not to do something about the specific person you are stalking.. You shouldn't pester them about it cause it is not your job.
  7. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    when you have a buy order for an item on SCM, and it's the highest buy order, you'll automatically buy that item whenever someone lists it for a matching price or less than it, so a cheap item doesn't even hit the market in the first place and botting doesn't really work anymore
    SilentReaper(SR) and Nabert like this.
  8. Nabert

Nabert New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:193969
    exactly and this confirms the result of my knife test.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    basically: Valve gave everybody a sniping bot.
    Nabert and Nebras like this.