1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam groups (+rep for+rep)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Blackout Menace, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Blackout Menace

Blackout Menace Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70948052
    I found on steam more group who offer +rep for +rep. This is fake reputation and the person who trust members of that groups can be easy scammed. Is thousands of people who user "+rep groups". What we can doing to stop this?

P.S. My sr ban is for nothing. (i post appeal ready).
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    I'm going to leave this here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/ .
    There are so many groups with that, people need to start thinking that maybe a place where you can simply delete the bad reputation is not a good place to post reputation, also that the + rep thing should only be applied when someone is going first not for a simple trade. Anyways thanks for the posting your concerns, a good way to stop them is by teaching the community what reputation really is- we can all help. Tell your friends, people that post + rep on your profile, etc.. Information is the most powerful "weapon" against scams.