1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam Rep Group Checker?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by tvTitanGaming, Apr 26, 2016.

1. tvTitanGaming

tvTitanGaming Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88169881
    Hey there, i help run a CSGO - Pricechecking group, and recently we have been getting reports from our members of some reported scams.

Is there any way of checking a whole group, for members who have been steamrep banned. Or is that not possible!

Thanks for your time.

If it isnt possible, i think it could be a awesome idea, as some groups who deal on trading could shut down on scammers, and prevent scams from happening in the first place.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    There is an internal tool that allows for it, it probably won't be made public since it places a very high load on the SR servers. The tool is rarely used on groups with more than approximately 100 members for this reason as well.

There's already been a few threads on this, use the search feature to find them.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  3. tvTitanGaming

tvTitanGaming Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88169881
    Ah, our group has like 11k people, so that probably wouldnt be a good idea :p
    Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I almost wrote a low-impact checker a while ago but never got around to finishing it. Even if I did finish it, it would have to be verified by the admins before I could publish it. Checker would check say 1 every 10 seconds, so about a day and a half to check the entire group. Could also do things like scanning for new users in the group, scanning people who post/comment.
  5. Enstage

Steam:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-members-of-a-steam-group.110034/#post-305818

I highly doubt you can write a low impact checker, its a whole API query for every user of the group you are checking.
  6. Salmon

Steam:
    Oh there's the thread, I couldn't find it earlier.

It's an API query for each user of the group, but I can spread out when I send those API queries. I don't have to request each one right after the other.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Enstage

Steam:
    Thats what my script does, theres a 5 second delay between each query. I still don't think its appropriate to use this on large groups, over any amount of time.
  8. Salmon

Steam:
    If I did ever actually make it I would get it checked by an SR admin first.
  9. Enstage

Steam:
    I don't mean this in a rude way, but you can't make it any less light weight that what I've got there. The API rules and guidelines clearly state that the API should not be used for this.

I think it's generally a good idea not to use it for this, but rather get someone who has access to the internal to run it on a small to medium group.
    You Are The One likes this.
  10. Salmon

Steam:
    I know it can't be lighter, I'm saying that before ever putting code up publicly that interacted with SR I would ask SR if they wanted the code put up.

The ideal way would be to get a copy of the SR database and run it local.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.