1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep General Discussion needs mods

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Feb 26, 2015.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    For a while now, I seen SR admins complain about how replying to these dumb threads delay real reports.
    However at the same time, I seen SR admins reply to these threads, with back and forth jokes.
    Lastly, the SR admins also complained about the fact they should rename "Ask a mod" to "Ask an admin"

Why not get a bunch of mods just for this section. It could be something as simple job as, an admin writes appropriate responses in a private forum. Then the mod, pastes those responses. I know SR admins hates vague or non-perfect responses.

Or does SR have such trust issues, that you guys can't even trust someone with this job, and then complain how there's so little staff?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The General section doesn't need a mod on its own.. I help filter some things that go thru it as I do with other sections. This is something that has been discussed several times in the past and answered each time.
    Tooth Fairy and Mattie! like this.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Question: If a moderator responded to this very question with a cut/paste response, would that be something you would be satisfied with? A lot of the senior/experienced trader posts are criticisms (like this one, though yours includes a proposal) and it's better to have an admin handle those (in my opinion) to give the comment its proper due.

Regardless, having mods specifically for this forum is not really going to buy us too much. This subforum is not a huge burden on us.

That being said, if we have volunteers who want to just moderate the non-scam forums, then I'm very happy to see them say as much in moderator applications and it would definitely lessen our concerns on trust. But it doesn't lessen the cost of training them, cleaning-up after when they clarify something incorrectly, etc. So it might not offer a lot of ROI versus just working on vetting the candidates we do have that have applied for full modship.