1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

suspicion in trade

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Newbee.Mu, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Newbee.Mu

Newbee.Mu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61916108
    Hi someone trade offer my item with money saying if you accept this trade you will get 40 $ if you cancel it you wont get any, something like that. I was so angry and give him a counter trade so i trade my trash mythical item for all of his inventory. After that when i trade with my friend a note pop saying i tried to scam....
    Is there a chance or way to remove that suspicion from me?
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello, in the first trade if the message was something like this report him , here. Did you send some message , when you traded the "trash mythical" for all the inventory?
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    It will go away in 3 weeks.
    Scamming a scammer, is still scamming BTW.
  5. snh

snh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1634836
    I'll admit, I've done this a few times too, but never received the message you've described. A few pals of mine have received it and according to them, gukingofheart's reply is correct; 3 weeks after the notice, it should disappear.
  6. Wasabi Kitty

Wasabi Kitty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42522834
    The message that pops up is automatic. If an account is reported for scamming, that message displays. Doesn't matter if you scammed or not. A lot of the bots that Dota2Lounge uses are marked as scammers since people that lose bets think that reporting the bot as a scammer will get them their items back.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    /facepalm