1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

The does and don'ts. (Renewed.)

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by ϟ฿_ Denver, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ϟ฿_ Denver

ϟ฿_ Denver New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33400038
    Do: Always check the persons account.
    Have some knowledge when you use your Paypal.
    Keep wide awake and alert at ALL TIMES during a trade.
    NEVER LOAN anything to other people in the hopes that they will:
    a) Give it back.
    b) Buy it back.
    If someone attempts to scam you, Tab out of the game you are playing and take a screencap of the trade, chat and other important windows.
    Never buy or trade for items YOU KNOW HAVE BEEN STOLEN/ SCAMMED. THIS MAKES YOU AN ACCOMPALICE TO THE CRIME. ALWAYS CHECK THE ITEM HISTORY ON TF2OUTPOST.

Don't: Panic or freak out if you have been scammed/hacked. Contact VALVe through the steampowered website and they'll do the best they can to help.
    Let a scam go unnoticed or unrecorded. YOU CAN HELP TO MAKE STEAM TRADING A FRIENDLIER SYSTEM. ALWAYS RECORD AND KEEP EVIDENCE.
    Don't place false scam warnings on this site. Innocent players tend to get in the crosfire, and it's just a big hassle for everyone.

Thanks, and keep on trading!
  2. restrict17

restrict17 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57272837
    i NEED Some help i bought cod ghost from a guy named fatal and i sold it to a guy named richi for higher price..
    what happens is the game he bought from me got deleted because of problems in payment now it shows a different person it didnt show the guy i bought it from. he wants to report me because he is blaming me for it would i get ban with what happened.. NEED immediate help
  3. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Make a report in the "report a scam" section.
  4. restrict17

restrict17 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57272837
    Who should i report ? richi ? He didnt scam it i sold it to him then he is saying that if he doesnt get another copy of game or tf2 keys he would report me :( it wasnt directly given to me by the person That he said who was half time i got it from a guy name Fatal and fatal is not active for 9 consecutive days :(
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

as I said in the other topic, where you posted EXACTLY the same:
    - Let the guy who got the game removed report it to steam support
    - you report it to steam support as well to prevent problems

if games have been traded for items, the guy losing it can get a copy back from steam support. If you still have them, you might lose them,

say:
    A: bought the game from steam
    B: bought game from A
    C: bought game from B, and activated game on account

A: then does a chargeback, which will revoke the game on C, and A's account get disabled till its been paid.

C has then to file a claim to Steam support, for his loss, and if he traded for the game in items, he'll get a copy of the items.
    B gets in cases the items removed from his backpack, and therefore has to file a Steam Support ticket as well, proving he paid A in xxxx.

In other words: FILE REPORTS TO STEAM SUPPORT.

The only report that can be done on Steamrep, is vs A, B and C aren't our targets for they are victims of the situation. B&C can do a cooperated report, for both are dealing with the same issue.

and as I said in the other topic, DO NOT TRADE WITH ppl that are very short or non-existent in the trading comm. Its either a scammer alt, or a chargeback account.
  6. XenoCrab

XenoCrab New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33170081
    In short ; look at the details of the person you're trading with. Use sources such as SteamRep and TF2 Outpost, as well as document any trade in case you have been scammed. Also -