1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

The Scammer got banned, Didn't get my Knife back. :/

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Creeperboy, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Creeperboy

Creeperboy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53249491
    Hey Everyone. Few days ago I reported a Scammer that scammed me for my knife, And he had a lvl 100 on steam. He did get banned, since I reported him on here.

Here's the thread where I posted about him:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561197980159741-csgo-counter-strike.133690/#post-368276

But the thing is that I didn't get my knife back. I know the knife wasn't that expensive, but it was the only thing I had.
    I had a "Falchion Knife | Scorched" Minimal Wear and I won it on a site by being very lucky.
    Here is even a screenshot of the knife.
    https://twitter.com/Creeperboy007/status/743119928790781953

Is there any way to get it back? Even the slightest chance?
    Thank you for reading this and have a good day/night.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Nope. Only if the scammer wants to appeal his ban here, then repayment is a requirement for the appeal to be even looked at. We cannot force them to give it back. We only warn others (of those that scam etc) and promote safer trading practices for traders.

Valve has stated that they won't restore items for any reason whatsoever.

So the chance you getting it back is pretty slim on that one condition for our appeal process. (read the appeal tips in the appeal section)
  3. Doppler Freak

Doppler Freak New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:158114421
    You could actually send Steam a support ticket to punish him, but u will not get your knife back.
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    The goal here is not to punish people.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    If the account is problematic and has more (such) issues, then Valve will Trade ban such an account. Trade ban doesn't stop most tho, they just continue, some even with the trade banned account and then tell to use their "alt' etc. for trading.