1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade Ban

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Cardeal, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardeal

Cardeal Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42873498
    2 days ago i was playing when i got this message with red letters and such saying that i violated the steam user agreement and i my account got blocked from trading, gifting, market, etc... It's not the first time i have this trade ban. I had it like a year ago 'cause i was buying bps with paypal money, and some guy hijacked someone's account and sold me his bp. On steam sight i was the theft as well 'cause i got the items for "free". I still do a lot of paypal trades, so this trade ban probably came for the same reason, maybe buying carded or hijacked keys.

i don't know the reason yet, but should i provide paypal screenshots to prove my purchase? I have the idea that steam it's kinda against paypal trades so should i try to prove myself or just see what happens?

Also i found on the web a guy saying that 2nd ban lasts for 3 months? can anyone confirm me that?
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
  3. Cardeal

Cardeal Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    That's a relief I guess. I looked into the several reasons for the suspension and I can't really figure out which one it is.

So does it mean that they are investigating something and keeping my account locked till they reach a conclusion?

Does this kind of lock can lead to any punishment?
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    You should submit a Steam Support ticket.
  5. Cardeal

Cardeal Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    I did it 2 days ago, but it says they have high volume of tickets, so it will probably take at least more 2 days. Im kinda anxious and afraid, because I have a lot of steam gifts stuck on my account.

Thanks for your reply Thomas! Good to know its a suspension and not a trade ban.
    Have a nice one ;)
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  7. Cardeal

Cardeal Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    yeh it was just a temporary lock.

this was the message i got:
    Code:
    A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records show that you received a number of items/gifts that were purchased fraudulently.

Please consider this a one time warning.

To avoid encountering this issue in the future, please be aware of trades that are excessively imbalanced. Make sure that what you are trading is of similar value to what you are receiving.

I have enabled your account.
    But i still have a question.
    The guy that traded me the fraudulent items is probably trade banned atm right?
    im kinda afraid this guy may still be on my steam friends and i may bump into him to trade without even know.
  8. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    Go to item/gift history(depending on which you received) and look in the history for the guy you bought them from, then go to his profile and remove/block him.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    "purchased fraudulently" means that there was a chargeback, and the account has been disabled till payments have been resolved. Which probably wont happen. That account will be offline and stay offline till its resolved (never).

So its the "friend" that stays offline, since near or maybe 1-2 days before when your trade lock started. You don't have to worry to encounter the same account again... but maybe another account created by that carder... for you fell for him once....

A trick to check purchased items: check the item ID's, if the original ID is same as the current ID, that account bought those items, and who would buy keys and sell them for paypal for a dollar less then they paid? right.
  10. Space Cow 2

Space Cow 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63548472
    Ahmm.. guys can you help me ! with this Ban or something , last week i receive a message from valve. its says .This account has violated the Steam Terms of Service Agreement. This account has been flagged by Steam Support for violations of the Terms of Service Agreement. Purchasing, gifting, trading, buying and selling items on the Community Market, and cd-key activation have been disabled. Account functionality has been restricted. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact Steam Support so that we can assist you. More info on this topic is available here: Steam Terms of Service Agreement.
  11. Space Cow 2

Space Cow 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63548472
    what does it mean ? Temp. or Permanent ? anyone ? please . i need a rply asap ty .
  12. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.