1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trading With Banned Users.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [T_Q] Kelphi, Oct 12, 2014.

1. [T_Q] Kelphi

[T_Q] Kelphi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25065633
    Hi!

I Just read that trading with banned users can get you marked. Does this mean all trades? Obviously giving them something knowing that they are going to use it in a scam, or receiving a scammed item is bad, but otherwise is it still ban able? I've had a habit of not checking rep before I trade as I only trade item to item usually through outpost or on server agreements but I just want make sure I don't get any marks in any future trade. I do check now even just to clarify.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    ForteSP likes this.
  3. [T_Q] Kelphi

[T_Q] Kelphi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25065633
    Thanks!

I did read it in the FAQ but it was clear if all trades are bannable, Or just large, CTI or donations.
    Just curious, Why is this?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    its defined elsewhere. We look into trading with banned offenders IF:
    - item vs item trades for a total of at least a bill's worth.
    - any cash trades
    - any unusual trades.

why the limit? for we do not want to get scammers to troll traders with this and get others marked. Also, it must be significant enough, to expect traders to check out their trade partner. we do not expect people to check for a weapon vs weapon trade, that would just be ridiculous.
    SIVARTZ and Wrath like this.