1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trading with someone with TRADE PROBATION.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Shickzter [⇄], Apr 1, 2015.

1. Shickzter [⇄]

Shickzter [⇄] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79833664
    Hey SteamREP, my name is Shickzter and I am a quite experienced unusual trader. I am buying a QuickSell off someone, but they currently are on a Trade Probation. After half year of trading, I have never came up with someone currently that has a Trade Probation mark by Steam. Though I have came across alot of Trade Bans. Is a Trade Probation something relating to Trade Bans? If it is, will I get banned if trading with the person? Will I get marked if I trade with them? Any information about Trade Probation you can give me will be very appreciated. FYI, he has Backpack.tf Premium and is TRADE BANNED on TF2Outpost. I won't name and shame now, but if you need his profile link... I will sure give it to you SteamRep Contributers!

-Shick
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/

As far as I can recall when I was with SR; SR has no restriction against trading with a Steam Trade Probation account.
    Saying that....
    They are other circumstances where users, in addition, may have banned tags on SR/banned at various comms or have pending reports against them/may look like an obvious alt. Those factors would affect any potential trading under SRs "trading w/scammer" policy.

SR staff: If my post is inaccurate, feel free to edit/delete it at will.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015