1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Want to try the SteamRep Web API Beta?

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by Mattie!, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ehm, are you aware that this is the beta, and that the normal API as used in the SourceMod plugin is available to everyone, and that this new Beta API is only providing in a different format (JSON etc) and more info (admin, caution, MM, scammer etc)
  2. [ii2Wi] SonicSnipe

[ii2Wi] SonicSnipe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23762418
    I would like access to the beta for a little project of mine, one that I talked with Helen about but prefer not to disclose publicly at this time.
  3. Joto

Joto New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20817743
    DataStorm, JSON output of the Steam API is exactly what we need.
  4. pandaria

pandaria New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23255614
    I'd like access for dota2wh.com.
  5. Riking

Riking New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33129335
    Would like to request an API key for Shocky the IRC bot. He executes arbitrary code from IRC users in PHP, Python, Lua, JS.
    All triggers would be user-initiated.
    Purpose - Fooling around, comparing who has more scammer friends of friends, etc etc.

One big caveat -- the API key would have to be publicly visible (if anyone tried). If it has to be private, we would have to make a new module for the bot, put it into the bot's config and mark it as a protected value.
    For more info, look at the source on github - https://github.com/clone1018/Shocky
  6. Riking

Riking New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33129335
    Example of how we have tried to do it today:

Example of what we want it to look like:
  7. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    Would like to create firefox plugin to check SR... apparently someone was already doing this but I don't know what progress was made if any.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

We didn't hear anything from it afaik, but maybe mattie contacted 'm.
  9. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    Hey mittens, that's me! I made the Chrome one and I was planning on making a FF one. I might change the plugin to use the link hover box though. I was getting some JS conflicts with the Steam Community javascript last time I tried. I'm a bit busy at the moment though. The Chrome code is on my github page though so if anyone wants to port it to a FF plugin they can.
  10. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    No not you there was a guy named "Fog" who posted earlier in this thread but yeah... you too! :p
  11. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hey Joto, I've granted you access to the beta forum to experiment using this with dispenser.tf.

I'm sorry, Sonic-- during the testing period we'd like to focus on this being only used for public projects as much as possible.

Hey Pandaria--- I'm all for adding support eventually for dota2wh, but for now in the beta test we'd like to focus on projects that are a little more established if possible to help us test scalability. After you guys grow your userbase a little bit, send me a PM and we'll get you hooked-up with the API. I love the idea of your site, though.
  12. GJam

GJam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6355407
    Requirements:
    • Explain what you intend to do with it!
    I'm building a trading site in conjunction with my clan (Hells Gamers). We have the sourceop plugin enstalled on our trading servers, and would like to tie in this web api into the upcoming trade site so I can mark people as sourceop scammers, and/or possibly exclude them from registering on the site .
    • The API is intended to be used on-demand inside of a web application and not for "background" automated purposes.
      • Never use the API in a way that spams SteamRep (e.g. never trigger it on every pageview of your site)
      • Cache results when possible, ideally never repeating a query for someone more than once a half hour.
      • Do not scan through many profiles at once via the API
    My plan would be to only check scammer status when the user logs in or once per day, whichever happens more infrequently, and cache these results in my db in the user's profile. There would be another Admin-only check if a report was given in-between these intervals, but this would be a single, manual on-demand request
  13. GJam

GJam New User

Steam:
    btw, the site is going to be TF2Xchange, and the domain is tf2x.com
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I do hope you mean the SourceMod plugin, not "SourceOP" for we really don't know what you are running there then.
  15. GJam

GJam New User

Steam:
    Yes, sorry, sourcemod server plugin, sorry.
  16. Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay FirePowered Owner Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23071901
    I'd like access so that I can create my own version of the SteamRep checker plugin that tags community admins/middleman/caution in chat, in addition to kicking/banning scammers.
  17. cgimusic

cgimusic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26670399
    I would love it if I could get access to the API too. I am starting a community and I would like to show users steamrep status. Also I am curious to know how you get users trade and vac ban statuses since I couldn't get them through the Steam API.
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

afaik, they're there in the API. But maybe Mattie can tip yah.
  19. Penguin

Penguin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41994699
    I'd like to request access for TF2shop.net.

The intended purpose is to prevent marked users from purchasing from my site, and flagging them upon log in.
  20. cgimusic

cgimusic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26670399
    Thanks but I figured it out. They aren't in the API (that you access with your Steam API key) as such but it is possible to fetch steam community profiles as XML documents. I would still like access to the SteamRep API if possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.