1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Was scammed a while ago, but no evidence...

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Spooky Skeleton Man, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Spooky Skeleton Man

Spooky Skeleton Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:115545551
    During June of this year, I was scammed out of my first unusual unbox. I didn't know it was a scam while it happened, and after it did, it was too late to gather evidence to report him. Does anybody know what I should do?
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    All you can do is report his profile to Valve
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Sorry to hear. Lack of evidence means that filing a report on that user via SteamRep would probably be useless. Only thing you can do that may have impact would be to report the user for Scamming on their Steam Community profile. In the future please be more careful!
  4. SKT Namikaze

SKT Namikaze New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:126295091
    dont worry i got scammed to and i lack evidence for a report on steamrep. Only thing i can do is report to valve but we all know thats pretty useless as well. My advice, if anyone adds u asking for a skin and proving that their account got +rep, dont trust them. Those +rep are from their friends. I got fooled by that trick.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Profile comments do not constitute as a valid form of reputation! :)

Read this short guide to find out what does.