1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What can we do about these type of accounts?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ♥Little shanie♥~, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ♥Little shanie♥~

♥Little shanie♥~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30747019
    Hey,
    I made a post not to long ago about something similar to this but i just want to know what can i do about these type of accounts ? The accounts i am on about are these type of accounts
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088771123/ (this is an example of a guy who added me today)

Now as you can see all the fake +REP on his profile and he's in two +REP groups (Proof)

Also all the "fake" or stolen screen shots of CSGO jackpot etc . One more thing which is odd 0 CS:GO items, at all. I had a look when he added me (his profile is friends only for his inventory) it was just coupons from leveling up.

Atthis moment in time he's farming fake +REP on his profile comments. He added me and asked me to post on his profile +REP etc, i never traded nor had i ever met him before, here is the screenshot.

I'm not aiming this whole thread at this guy it's just accounts like him , we pretty much know right off the back they are scammers (mostly) but what can we do about them ? can we report them ? can we post suspicious looking profiles ? I'm just asking what can i do about these accounts.

I'm not saying this guy is a scammer , i'm just pointing accounts like his out. (i can't really call him a scammer with no proof of him scamming someone)

Thank you for reading.

for good measure i'll just post these
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985270529 <--- some rep giver
    //steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976852550 <--- HUGE level up then started asking me for plus REP also in pretty much every single +REP group Screenshot

23:20 - HyliaNt.tsi [$] #gamedide# +}: Hello bro, i added you for friends , you can give me please +rep in steam? i am trader and i need it , Thanks bro ^^ i hope u understand me
    13 August 2015
    01:15 - ♥Little shanie♥~: sigh.
    01:15 - HyliaNt.tsi [$] #gamedide# +}: sounds good
    01:15 - HyliaNt.tsi [$] #gamedide# +}: Nice to meet you
    01:15 - HyliaNt.tsi [$] #gamedide# +}: or something dont need sign
    01:16 - ♥Little shanie♥~: why
    01:16 - ♥Little shanie♥~: do you want me to REP you ?
    01:16 - HyliaNt.tsi [$] #gamedide# +} is now Offline.

Now i'm pretty much just waffling on.......but i mean would it not be best to "track" these people ? i mean level +70 scammer accounts are m the ones that look the most legit and then intern scam the most people.... etc. Like something only admins and mods can see like "suspicious" tag, maybe.
  2. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    inb4 someone links the "What constitutes reputation thread"
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
  4. ♥Little shanie♥~

Steam:
    sigh. you are missing the point i was trying to make. I don't see it are "REP" it's just comments.

The whole point i was trying to make is the accounts i posted are probably burn accounts which are going to be used to scam people, now i know SteamREP does not see comment rep as rep nor do most "smart" people. The matter at hand is he went from level 40 to 100 then started asking for fake REP, check the profile in a few days time what will we most likely see ? a huge friends list because he's mass adding people, the normal layout of all their trading rules, probs some fake proof of paypal thrown in there, CSGO knife screenshots of knifes they don't own.

I don't care too much for the comment REP but i mean why would they feel the need to level up hugely to level 100 then start asking for fake REP on their profile? It's a little suspicious don't you think ?
  5. ♥Little shanie♥~

Steam:
    Putting proof of jackpot winnings which are not yours is a little more than just fake REP, also why would you need rep such as "sold him $80 worth of items i went first" and then have no items in your csgo inventory, if people are going to go out of their to mass farm so called "REP" on their profile it's more than likely that they will be a scammer.