1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Who actually takes this site seriously any more?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DieselBlue☆, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry - issues with any appeal isn't up for discussion here. Each user tagged here must have viable evidence (public as it is for you nice and clear) as to why they were tagged.

Not speaking for the other comments since aside from Lava -that you quoted, none of the others are speaking for SteamRep.
  2. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    I think for the most part all of the OP's concerns have been addressed, but I'll add my perspective for the actual topic of this thread.

I take this site quite seriously, and here's why: As a Head Admin on my community, I consider it of the utmost importance that I do whatever I can to protect members of my community and players on my servers from being scammed. The overwhelming majority of SteamRep's tags are justified, and the few that aren't are appealed and corrected as quickly as possible by the staff here. Every week, numerous scammers are automatically banned from FirePowered's servers because of their tag, and that gives me confidence that I'm reducing the possibility of our players being scammed while on our servers. If those players appeal their tag and get it removed, then we will remove their ban from our servers as well and they can join freely. I think any reasonable person would acknowledge that the staff here aren't perfect and that they sometimes make mistakes. However, those mistakes are rare and I've yet to see the staff ignore an error or fail to fix an unjustified tag.

I'm confident that the SteamRep staff are dedicated to helping the community as a whole, which is why FirePowered applied to be a partner community and I try to help around wherever I can.