1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why are websites able to put an extortion ban on your account?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Catalepsy(trading knife), Nov 16, 2015.

1. Catalepsy(trading knife)

Catalepsy(trading knife) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:125139588
    Just look at my profile to understand what i'm talking about. I posted a thread on reddit calling out skinarena.com for rigging their site with valid screenshots of witnesses seeing the staff member post about the site being rigged and i got an extortion on my account? Why are these sites able to do this without even coming to the acusee first to explain our side of the story?
  2. Catalepsy(trading knife)

Catalepsy(trading knife) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:125139588
  3. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    I don't see how this is a bannable offense either...
    However, I have yet to hear from the other side of the story, so I can't make any assumptions here.
    Did you make a post somewhere or made contact demanding something regarding this accusation of rigged outcomes on this site?
    Katpolice, Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  4. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Roudydogg1 and TFD_Industries™ like this.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR usually does not intervene in partner taggings unless for abuse or they did not follow Internal tagging guidelines.
    I am locking this thread for the time being while I look into it. Someone else at SR looks into it, they will post back to let you know.
    Enstage likes this.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Steamrep does not intervene in partner tags unless an appeal was mishandled, or in the event you are unable to appeal with the partner. There is no evidence that you have appealed with Reddit yet, but instead you seem to have come to Steamrep directly. You must appeal with the community who issued your tag before you can request Steamrep intervene on your behalf. In particular, you will need to appeal to r/globaloffensivetrade, who issued your tag. You can't simply come straight to Steamrep as soon as you get tagged by a partner, there would be no point in partners - who retain all evidence and notes pertaining to cases they themselves handled - doing appeals then.

That particular subreddit has a website set up for reports and appeals, and for those who cannot access the subreddit I've attached a screenshot of the sticky announcement. To appeal the Reddit tag, go here: http://forums.cyborg.flowers/viewforum.php?f=38

Only after your appeal has been rejected, can you request a review from Steamrep.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**

Attached Files:

Roudydogg1 likes this.