1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why reports for scammer are on pending for so long?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by stefanos_thira13, Mar 19, 2015.

1. stefanos_thira13

stefanos_thira13 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36697890
    So the title of the thread is my major question. Why it takes so long for the admins and mods to tag a person as a scammer when valid proof is provided. Im not talking about difficult situations where not everything is sure about what happened or for reports without evidence .There are a lot of reports pending for so much time , giving the scammers the opportunity to achieve even more since they're not tagged as ones. I have personally reported two persons, have solid proof on both of them , many days have passed since then but the reports are still on pending. The same thing i've noticed with many other user reports.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This question has been asked time and time again...please use the search feature.

A good hit:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...y-ever-get-done-here.51687/page-9#post-153182
    now while his response may be a year old there it still answers the question and alot of that has already been done since then. Do keep in mind that on a typical day there are 50+ reports filed, its damn near impossible to get to them all. The benefit is that they are then searchable and any trader can use their own judgement if they wish to trade with that person showing "pending reports".

Each question such as these takes time to answer...same time it would take to process a report.
    Penguin The Fluffy likes this.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    ^ As the original poster of that thread, I'd recommend anyone to read the entire thing. That thread accomplished quite a bit and answered a lot of questions that members of our community have been asking for ages.
  4. Its Paces

Its Paces New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72807960
    Very true. Sometimes i think people are lazier on steam then anywhere else.
  5. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Trust me, it is no different in the actual world. People would rather ask questions than read a sign or a tiny sheet of paper. I know this from my customers. "Are you an electrical engineer?" "No, I bake great cookies."
    Its Paces likes this.
  6. Its Paces

Its Paces New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72807960
    That was possibly the best comment i have ever seen on SR. And it takes very little effort for people to find what they are looking for most of the time
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Nah, you should answer this:
    No, actually, I use the LHC to revaporize electrons in such a way that they are bending the electromagnetic fields in your equipment. Its sole purpose is to make you come here to let them be recalibrate by me. Depending on my income needs, I'll give its quarks more or less spin, which effects how many parts I have to exchange for its realignment. And also, I make great cookies, baked on the LHC itself, they are in that leaden box over there. Don't worry when that geiger counter next to it is going to make noise when you open it, its just to make sure you close it again after taking a cookie.
    HissTheHeavy and Inu like this.