1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Really suspicious trading

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by kiminozo, Jun 18, 2013.

1. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42132329
    I wrote note that seller want to write about some sentence like "This is a payment for TF2 items that I already received. I will not chargeback under any circumstances." and my steamID64(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044530386 )

I send money with exactly note as seller want .

But after he got money , He instantly refunded money and just deleted me .

This is a behavior very unpleasant as I. Because I exactly wrote the content as he needed, but he lied to me . But he didn't explain to me anything . And Long It takes long time to receive return the money to my account from the Bank of Korea's PayPal can take me (about 1~2week) . I can't use my money during 2week .

It is really selfish acting .

[​IMG]
  2. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    I need to explain about my alt's url . He already agreed with trading with my alt . Before sending money , I asked him , ' I can go first but can i take them in my alt ? ' , then he said ' k ' . Surely i have screenshot about it too .
  3. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
  5. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    I thought it doesn't looks like scamming because he refunded moeny . I just can't understand why he acted like this .
  6. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    Hello there! This seems to be in the wrong subforum and wrong format.
    Please read what I've linked to you under here
    http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/ Where to report scams. In your case, it is scamming because he refunded the money, also known as a chargeback.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-look-at-acceptable-format-before-posting.51/ Acceptable format tutorial for your reports
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/read-before-posting-steamrep-investigative-policy.230/ What SteamRep investigates
    Thanks!
  7. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    Image tag was borken . Adding new tag .

[​IMG]
  8. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
  9. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    Thanks for your response .
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

notes "declaring" that one would not "chargeback" is useless. the notes are for the users of paypal. Paypal doesn't care whats in those notes. Only to find that its about virtual items, and will find it not allowed to use for virtual items etc.
  11. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Of course he refunded you, you did not follow the correct instructions and used another steam link. You most likely scared him away.
  12. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    You mean , If i take items in my alt , I need to write my alt's url rather than my main ? hmm .. Is it my mistake ?
  13. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    I'd say yes. If I trade with a person, I need their exact info with the person I trade with.
    If the person refunds themselves, and the steam info does not match the person I traded with, well your proof is not accurate.
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

if you trade, use always the same account, storage on alts is fine, but trade the items to your main b4 trading them to somebody else. The practice to use a alt is a bad one for then you are inviting impersonators to impersonate you by saying they are a alt account of yours.