1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade banned (need help)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by RetiredBATS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. RetiredBATS

RetiredBATS Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28260240
    Hello everyone. I was on holiday with some of my friends for two weeks or so, while my brother was using our personal computer to play some tf2. And now I`m back home and I noticed that I was just trade banned. So instead of using his account he was actually logged as me and acted like an administrator. My question is: Is there the way to get my trading status back (because I do not care that some of the items he scammed were deleted by valve). I`m not sure if its possible to ban his account instead of mine. If they count that we use 2 accounts from one pc as a proof It would be great to get my trading status back.
    I apologize that my brother was acting unfair with casual tf2 players. It will never happen again.

Give some tips if you can.
  2. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    You should send a support ticket to valve and see what they say. SteamREP is not valve though, so there isint anything that the staff here can do in regards to your trade ban.
    RetiredBATS likes this.
  3. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    Thank you for the information. Would you tell me the address or something because I have only found Steam Support answering questions or something like that. Anyways, I do not know how to contact valve. And little note this is two different accounts(not alt account), so my brother bought the game too but lost the CD so we are just playing through one computer.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    RetiredBATS likes this.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    One of the problems here is a) you're not supposed to share Steam accounts- every user needs their own account and b) you are responsible for the activity on your account. Your brother needs to have his own Steam account and you need to make sure he NEVER logs into your account again. Also, you should tell your parents about this if you haven't already. They need to know that your brother is doing online fraud.
  7. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    Yes we have already discussed everything in our family. I was sure that my brother is using his account but he found the way to log in (I guess i forgot to quit from my e-mail). Now my family and I decided to punish him so he won`t be able to use our pc for 2 weeks. As for me, I can return all items that he scammed to users if there are users who were harmed. All I need to know is what should I do. If there is no chances to regain my trading status I will wait thought.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

With a valve trade ban, you cannot trade.
  9. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    I know. I mean when i will regain my trading status. Or whenever i will be able to trade.
  10. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    If I'm correct, trade bans are permanent unless you appeal them by sending a ticket to Valve (keep in mind that I am not 100% sure). I suggest you beat your brother up for doing this nonetheless.
    RetiredBATS likes this.
  11. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    Yeah i will try to send them a ticket I just cannot find where can I compose it. I`m angry with my bro but my father was just laughing at this situation. I`m the eldest child in family and this little f✿✿ thinks he is a king. Thanks God my mother accepted my offer to punish him.
  12. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Most trade bans are timed (2 weeks, 1 month, etc.) They are rarely permanent on first offense.
  13. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    Yes my ban is timed. 2 weeks and I can trade again.
  14. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well I would say you are lucky then, Valve take a dim view of sharing accounts.

I suppose the answer is take better care of account info on the PC in question, if he cannot access PC account, email and steam login, he won't be able to get it :)
  15. RetiredBATS

Steam:
    I`ve recently talked to my brother again. And the thing is that he did acted like an administrator but he has not scammed iSwagger*. He just gave him the watch. Don`t know why. He scammed a few users but those people didnt even know that they were scammed. It were just some `good` deals. And he scammed like 2 keys. But valve removed like 4 keys + strange origin
  16. iSwagger*

iSwagger* New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37841924
    Wait,what?He didn't scam me?Of course he didn't..He wanted to.