1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need help on trading problem

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Autokrator48, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Autokrator48

Autokrator48 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56437612
    Basically here is the deal: somebody accused me out of nowhere of sharking and says he will report me; and I wish to know, based on this situation, if I can get banned for any of this.

Yesterday, I went in a trade server to sell a gifted vintage lugermorph for the price of 7 keys, 3 ref, which I found to be acceptable given it was gifted. Then, this guy hits me up and puts about 8.4 keys worth of items and ref combined in the trade and tells me he knows he overpriced it a bit. Since there was a lot of items in the trade (and because I am suspicious of people telling me they ''overpriced'' things, since usually means they underpriced it and want to shark me) I told him to wait so that I could calculate the price of what he put up. Calculating it took me around 1 min., more or less. It happened to come up to around 8.4 keys. I then said to him in the trade that what he put up was alright (it meant profit, so how could I say no?), and clicked the ''ready for trade'' button. He does the same and we trade.

A few minutes later, he adds me back and tells me he made a mistake in our trade and didn't mean to put up an item he did (Taunt: High Five) and asks me to give him back 5-6 ref/1 keys, or he would report me to steam and get that ref deleted or get me banned. Then, we proceeded to have a long discussion about this which amounted to me basically arguing that I did not know he did not mean to put that item in the trade and that I could not have been aware of the fact he did not want to put it there. After that, I proceeded to offer him to give him back 0.4 key, which is about 2.11 ref, but he refused and continued to ask me for 5-6 ref.

So, basically, if he reported me to Steam, could I get banned or could some of my ref disappear?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    nothing will happen, your fine
  3. Death Disturbance

Death Disturbance New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42731989
    Don't stress, people like that are generally trolls, or don't know Steam's policy very well.. Just simply block him on Steam :)
  4. pizza kitty got swag

pizza kitty got swag New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61439993
    A troll,ignore it

You know the gold rule? ''Don't feed the trolls''
    A Filthy Streetrat likes this.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

But I'm hungry.....
  6. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    People regret trades they make all the time. Honestly if anyone could get in trouble its him (although its not likely anyone would get in trouble in this case). Steamrep and Valve do not handle Sharking as far as I know anyways so don't worry about it (not saying its okay to shark BTW)
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

in extreme cases SR does handle sharking by marking caution.
  8. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Thanks for clearing that up Data :). Id actually support SR marks on people who shark over a bud of goods. Like I know a guy that got an unusual for a tour of duty ticket :(