1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade Banned /Marked

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [KFC]Julian[KFC], Jun 24, 2013.

1. [KFC]Julian[KFC]

[KFC]Julian[KFC] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62616686
    Hi guys i have a question what have someone do to for a trade ban and only for a Marked ? :I
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    For someone to be marked as a Steamrep scammer, they have to be reported to Steamrep (or any of it's partner communities, such as Skial, TF2OP, etc.).

For someone to be trade banned, they need to be reported to Valve.

You don't have to choose between them: you could report them to both Steamrep and Valve.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Anyone scammed should make reports to both Valve and SR.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

and if the ammount is high enough: file a police report. Depending on your country you may have some specific official authority for reporting online fraud.
    Sari likes this.
  5. [KFC]Julian[KFC]

Steam:
    but how can i report him to valve on a other side?
  6. [KFC]Julian[KFC]

Steam:
    Can someone send me a link of valve report side pls :)
  7. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
  8. [KFC]Julian[KFC]

Steam:
  9. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164

I have been thinking about that lately and wondering why tf2 theft wasn't classified as stealing under the law. Now I know it does.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Under most western laws anything that is "yours", including electronic/virtual items are property of you. If you pay for them, they are yours legally. It doesn't matter on what way you obtained them, if they have a perceived value, and are owned by you, its covered.

Yes, a load of countries don't have "specific" protection, or any protection. Go protest at your government buildings.
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Laws are always playing catch-up with the reality of how societies actually operate, and areas on the fringes, such as online gaming are rarely tested in courts. Even if an individual chooses to seek relief over something similar to what you mention, it would require mounting a case which could exceed an individuals personal fortune if taken to higher courts with all appeal processes exhausted. Unless you have a case which is guaranteed to cause a company more PR damage than fighting it to win is worth, most of them will put up a robust defence, and they have more money than most individuals do :)

Often it is trivial to look at a matter and conclude on balance of probability that mounting a legal challenge would succeed. The reality is that the number of people who actually seek legal redress is minuscule.

If for example you conclude that a product you bought failed during a statutory warranty period but outside express warrant, you may well have a strong case, but I promise you the number of people who would actually spend tens of thousands of dollars for a 50/50 shot at some form relief is close to none at all :)
  12. RetroPCx

RetroPCx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56032999
    Will valve actually read the +1000 reports that come or does a bot do it?
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

bit of both actually
    their steam support system scans the text someone posts, and profiles those to a number of situations. A support employee gets to see the ticket, and a small number of buttons for default replies. They just look for the most applicable one and click the button... that makes their time under 3 minutes per ticket.