1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198059965793 (Spanky)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dronefly, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    steamID: Spanky steamID32: STEAM_0:1:49850032 steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059965793 customURL: steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059965793

Screenshot 1: Persons' outpost trading request history:
    Please note for someone who joined 1 month ago. last week he was already posting wanting to buy cash

Screenshot 2: Person's first attempt at scamming where he is called on it. and closes the thread and opens a second one. (He is learning how to pull off the scam cuz he is so bad).

Screenshot 4,5,6,7: his current trade thread (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1312480)
    Notice how he is accepting all offers for the price listed . This triggered me to smell scammer so I offered 2 unusuals I have in my pack to see what happens

Screenshot 8: Our chat about the unusual. Look how he quickly deflects my calling him out and
    suddenly is BUSY and has to go. Wish he would've simply removed me without any dialogue to prove
    his guilt but I am assuming he is trying to sneak away. Some time today I should have him
    remove me without any goodbye or anything.

PLEASE NOTE: the dialogue between us has a big pause when I posted the link to the thread before he says "Really? On steam rep?"

His profile view shows the low play time and games that are worth a minimal investment to hide
    the fact that he is a scammer.

I know he didn't pull off the scam but let's be honest. This is as close as i could let it get
    without waiting for a scammed victim to emerge.

Please act accordingly.

Attached Files:

2. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23339983
    From screenshot 5, it shows that he wants to purchase the unusual for more than its actual selling price, this makes him highly suspicious.
    In addition, judging from his low tf2 hours and the lack of sourceop rep thread, it appears that he might be a potential chargeback artist (scammer).

Nice work there. However, i believe this should be in the discussion forum instead.
  3. Dronefly

Steam:
    I wanted to file a report so you guys can cross reference in case there were other "reports" showing he is trying to scam. Will leave to you guys to figure out judgement but its CLEAR he is a noob scammer trying to figure things out. Especially with his first botched post he hid.
  4. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    I believe this will be handled by the SR admins, and they will act accordingly .

The evidence against him are pretty solid, it is obvious that he is trying to scam(though he is willing to use middeman, he might implicate him/her)
    Sooner or later, a victim will emerge saying that he chargedback, etc

A caution tag might be necessary for such a case like this. Just leave to the experienced guys to handle this, they know what to do and i trust their judgement. :)
  5. Dronefly

Steam:
    thanks. i will.
  6. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
    /Rejected.
  7. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    Just as i thought, prob because nothing happened yet.
  8. Dronefly

Steam:
    well I hope you guys will remember this when this person is finally reported and someone is scammed. This could have been prevented.
  9. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    This ^

And dronefly, if he scams he'll be tagged.
  10. Dronefly

Steam:
    not to get into a long debate. but is there no way to put a caution tag pointing to the rejected report so people are aware? Did I need to let him scam me before I could file the report? Just curious what proactive approach can be taken to this type of person. Perhaps we should have a list of "shady" trading practices and just contact the person with a link to that section? How to avoid arousing suspicion for being a scammer. I am not saying they ARE a scammer but we all know that more likely then not that is a scammer. If we at least WARN them, they will either stop trying this or will justify their actions if innocent.
  11. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    I'm unsure of the admin that rejected this. You're basically inocent until proven guilty. (in my mind anyway)
  12. Dronefly

Steam:
    And i support that theory as well but there has to be some action taken to scare of scammers from trying to repeat it. like warning them we know how they scam and that their attempted scam is already known and recorded for all to see. Sort of a "known scamming attemps and youve been caught TRYING to do it" type of section to the forum. No direct linking or accusing but at least scaring off the amatures who want to try their first attempt at scamming. many of these will never try to repeat if caught before succeeding. Do you know what I mean?
  13. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    Well, the guy hasn't scammed, and I don't think that he tried to scam, you can't say that, he might have been a trader and really had to go, and wouldn't chargeback, it does however seem strange, but you can't say he/she has been caught. ;)
  14. Dronefly

Steam:
    its funny how i saw him posting elsewhere shortly after. also you cant say that he wanted ALL the unusuals that were thrown his way. Generally when you post that youre buying unusuals, you pick and choose. but to accept the offer of every single one thrown your way for the asking price... hmmm... either this guy is super lucky and had 4 wicked deals thrown at once at him (i checked, all were typical overpricing attempts) or he has no interest in what the price is as long as you willing to trade on his "terms". Anyways. just wanted to point that out.
  15. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    Well, again as i've said earlier if he scams, he'll be tagged. and caught ;)