1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggested Guides

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by SilentReaper(SR), Feb 11, 2012.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'm planning to write guides on:
    - What to do if hijacked.
    - How to prevent to be hijacked (or at least make it way harder to be hijacked).
    - other related subjects.

Leave in replies suggested guides...

Requirements are that it must be of interest for SteamRep and its goals, like trading, account security, scam prevention etc. If the requested topic is of interest, but not within the beforementioned scope, just post, we may make a guide on that.
  2. Left 2 kill

Left 2 kill New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44039747
    How to make a tf2 server
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    That is not within the scope here, there are enough sources about for that.
  4. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
    Hi, I think the What to do if hijacked and How to prevent to be hijacked. Is good. I'll post more if i think of anything.
  5. authorblues

authorblues New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26033204
    done any guide in 2 months?
  6. KillaExertion

KillaExertion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36513015
    created hijacking guide since you did not make it
  7. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    A good guide on what constitutes proof of a scam would be nice. A lot of people don't understand and I'm sure clarity would help them a lot :)
  8. 4sakenDeath | Lodia

4sakenDeath | Lodia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43462525
    Contact Steam support if your account were hijacked.
  9. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Helpful comment is helpful. KillaExertion actually wrote a very detailed guide on what to do if you're hijacked which includes much more information than to "Contact Steam Support"
  10. Randinie Grey Beard

Randinie Grey Beard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8100589
    How to identify a duped item vs a clean item. What tools/web sites to help do this. May sound odd but having pics showing what to look for when checking if an item is duped would help greatly. Many guides I have seen tell you what to do but not how to do it. I asked 5 people at random tonight how they check items for being duped, I got 3 completely different answers, 1 started an argument, lol.

Given recent events with Valve and dupes this might be needed. If there is already a guide for this here than I missed it, sorry.
  11. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Yeh, that would be cool to have some of these guides! If you want, i already made a few video guides, we could make it into a video guide along side a text guide, if you are interested.
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

duped items can be found via item histories on:
    - tf2items.com
    - tf2outpost
    - backpack.tf

By visiting all the previous owners' backpacks and check if the item is still there.
    On TF2items it says some at the far right in the item history "this item may be duped, check inventory" or some like that.

so steps are:
    - find the item on the various sites
    - check each previous owner's backpack if the item is ALSO there (outside the "current" owner).