1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Screenshotting Help

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by *DLP*, Aug 5, 2013.

1. *DLP*

*DLP* New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41197857
    Hello. I want to ask how to screenshot the trade in the Steam overlay because I tried using the Steam screenshot and all it showed was the game instead of the Steam overlay, making me fail on capturing Spycrab runners (twice.) Is there a different solution or is this problem just me?
  2. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    There are some nice third party programs that you can run in the background for just such an occasion.

Personally I use Puush since it can grab selected captures, windows, or the whole screen if need be. It's helped me for evidence gathering a lot.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well I love JING, and a few SR people and tons of others use it, give it a try.

It allows saving to PC or free cloud storage, it also always video recording and other things. Using a hot-key it is easy to capture any part of a screen you like with ease, and the best part it is totally FREE.

You will find tons of info in the following like:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-provide-evidence-with-screenshots.3488/
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

only problem with puush is a new update deletes any screenshots that aren't viewed for 1 month. I personally use puush, too.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

yeah, most "services" aren't permanent, but for a certain time. the only way to make it permanent is upload it to a owned space.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    just drag it into dropbox if you want to keep it permanently.
  7. *SPN* Twiloot Sparkul

*SPN* Twiloot Sparkul New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44894968
    You could just capture them with either Gyazo or Puush. (Gyazo is better though, the links may be longer but they keep the screenshot for a really lengthy amount of time) Then, save the screenshot. Upload it to a place that you know will host it for a long time like Dropbox or Imgur. Then just link to the picture on the site you chose to host you image.
  8. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35634275
    Are you sure that Jing can photograph the Overlay itself? I think i have used it in the past (In game) on the overlay and it did not help.
    -off to investigate
  9. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35634275
    It seems that Jing has no problem capturing the steam overlay. Just make sure you save the file to your computer and designate a special folder for that kind of stuff.
    Test.png
  10. XenoCrab

XenoCrab New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33170081
    I'd recommend using Puush, it's easy to use and provides fast linking to your screencaps.
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    http://puush.me/
    Not the best idea.
  12. ryaneus

ryaneus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53135677
    Gyazo is a nice application to use :)