1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid 76561198062028695 -=GRM=- [TST] Fistandatilus (SR Caution)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dronefly, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    This appeal is not really to remove a tag because this tag was forced into reality AFTER the fact. I will explain below:

Original Account:
    steamID: Dronefly - Mic and Speakers OFF
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:41413966
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043093660
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dronefly
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198043093660

Reported Alt Account:
    steamID: -=GRM=- [TST] Fistandatilus
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50881483
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062028695
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oposatsk
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198062028695

Here is the story:

When I originally posted that I got revenge on a scammer, it was a Friday and I openly disclosed my actions and started a whole debate on the topic of scammers and me "scamming" a scammer to help a noob get their buds back.

Saturday I went to my brothers' house and spent most of the day responding in this forum to claims against me. My sister-in-law took interest in what I was doing and I helped her start her own steam account. I spent half a day showing her what I used to do and how to trade, all the scamming methods and how to avoid them. I also suggested she invest real world money to make this happen. She didn't mind as we are all adults and the $100 investment is not much for us so she agreed.

Shortly after she started trading and made a few purchases, she got banned by sourceop for "alt" account of me. The problem is that she would log in at home or at my place whenever she was over and so would I. As a result (and I don't blame the admin for concluding this as this is typical of scammer) she got tagged as my alt account. This really upset her and she concluded that the whole trading scene was full of immature power hungry idiots who wouldn't even give her a chance to prove that she is not me.

Long story short, I felt bad for her and bought out her account for her and am now "in charge" of that account. I have transferred most of the items over to my account after taking over the account and have seized using it for trading.

I wanted the community to know that it was NOT an alt account, although after this stupid move by the admin on sourceop (who was QUITE immature in how he approached her when she added him to discuss and inquire why she was banned). I wanted to inform this community that in my dealings I have concluded that many admins on sourceop are quite immature and have tainted a good site. I will NO LONGER support them in their "quest" to better the community because they are not fair and quick to decide. I have never scammed anyone yet I am banned for being a danger to their site. Also banned my sister in law for wanting to trade after taking an interest in my hobby. I will not recommend my brother of friends to EVER join sourceop as they will simply be tagged as my "ALT" accounts and this has become quite silly.

I want this to be a warning to ALL people that I have figured out how to trade for paypal EVEN with people who plan to chargeback and never lose money so I don't NEED your rep thread and nor will I EVER endorse to ANYONE to use your site.

I plan on closing down that account shortly. Feel free to leave the alt tag but I need it to be known that this was NOT an alt account I opened up. It is simply me taking over my sister's account because some immature jerk decided it's justifiable to tag her for no apparent reason.
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    I don't believe this was really necessary.

It could have been resolved quickly when the accounts got tagged as an alt. Ive been tagged as having an 'alt' on SOP (me and my brother are regular traders). I simply showed them proof confirming otherwise and I got unbanned.
    The frustration and remarks weren't exactly necessary :/
  3. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Is this more directed at SOP than SR?
  4. Dronefly

Steam:
    I only wish I taught my sister in law to "screencap" the conversation she had with him/her. They literally insulted her and were extremely rude. I do NOT care because I no longer use that site but it was no reason to insult her and act the way they did. I simply am posting this to let people know I do not have an alt account nor was I "trying to avoid a ban" on a site I don't need. I use other sites for my rep now which are more up to date then sourceop so I care not for the site. I simply want the community to know the truth as I do not condone avoiding tags. I took mine with pride if you all remember in the conversations I had after posting.

This is directed to Steamrep to remove the ALT tag (I will be taking that account offline in the next day once I finish transfering everything over, I just wasn't around to do it after getting temp banned by valve during that huge ban that went on with all those CC frauded keys that all the big key sellers got hit by last week). You will see that account dead in the next couple of days. With having the vigilante tag I don't need people to think I have an alt account to "fraud" anyone.

I have worked hard to be known and trusted in the community and I know many people look poorly on people who have alt accounts after being tagged. Please allow 48 hours and check the account. You will see it won't exist and the pack will be totally empty.
  5. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    But when you talk about telling people to avoid the site, you're talking about SourceOp or SteamRep or both? I'm confused here because I'm not sure which site you're telling people to avoid. :(
  6. Dronefly

Steam:
    I am active here on steamrep. I support this site fully. I am talking about sourceop. I have never been banned here. My sister in law never got banned here. The ban was on sourceop. I am only explaining the situation. It was a sourceop admin that reported my sister as being an alt account if mine. I wanted to have that tag removed as I technically did NOT open that account but simply am helping her close it after investing real world money only to be banned shortly after. She would never be able to continue trading with a "mark" on her name as being my alt account. She had nothing to do with my personal actions against the scammer that got me the tag.
  7. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    If i'm not mistaken, SR does not take 3rd party appeals.
  8. Starburst

Starburst New User

Correct, they will have to appeal themselves. Marking as invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.