1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Having issues with middlemen service

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by andrew.kirfman, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34933188
    So, yesterday I really needed to find a middleman for a big important trade I was trying to do. I went looking
    on the list, and vintage cobra, Ξм, penguin, and Scooty puff were the only ones online.

I was nearly immediately blocked by the M guy, penguin blocked me about an hour later, and scooty puff never accepted my invite.

This has happened to me alot lately and it's getting kind of frustrating. Everyone is usually offline, and those who aren't offline end up blocking me, and since they've blocked me, I can't readd them any time in the future.

I understand that the mm service here is free, and that you offer it out of the kindness of y'alls hearts. I always try to tip the mm generously for his/her time because I appreciate them keeping me safe. I really don't want to come off as an a✿✿✿✿✿✿ or a complainer with this thread. I'm just getting kind of frustrated about getting blocked by everyone. It really limits my ability to use y'alls service in the future because I've been blocked by the only people who are ever on-line.

I'd really appreciate any help y'all could give me here.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I think that they ignored or blocked you for having 4 scammer friends. Others have rules regarding adding them, read their profiles etc.

Also, you have more potential alts then I'd like to see either.
  3. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:
    I have two alt accounts. andrew.kirfman_2 and andrew.kirfman_3. They're pretty clearly marked and on my friendslist. I live in a dorm at Texas A&M University. I'm sure all the computers in the building are networked together and under the same public ip which probably explains why so many show up.

As far as the scammer friends goes, I did not realize that I had that many. People add me from outpost for small trades all the time (Usually less than a key), and since it's just through steam trade, and they're fast stuff, I usually don't bother to check. I'll go clean out my friends list and remove all the scammers.
  4. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:
    Alright, I got my friends list down to 1 scammer friend. The guy who is still on there is a friend who was marked when someone else in his dorm scammed and they just bulk marked everyone who was in the dorm under the same ip address.
  5. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    I did not accept an invite because I wasn't home all day yesterday.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

You're an admin of TF2PC, right? I'd block you too.
  7. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:

Wow, what did I ever do to y'all? The sites I'm affiliated with don't matter here. I know y'all don't like tf2pricecheck for a variety of reasons, but I don't see how that's relevant here.

I'm really regretting posting this thread. I really didn't want to make people mad at me or look like a moron. I was just asking about why I kept getting blocked by people who were supposed to be offering a service.

I'm really sorry for bothering y'all and for even bringing this up. I'd rather just let this go and move on. However, I really still do need a mm for the trade I lined up. I'd really appreciate it if one of y'all could let me know when y'all are availiable.
  8. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    That's like saying "I wonder why people won't help me, I'm only a member of the Nazi Party".
    ForteSP likes this.
  9. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:

Can someone please explain why SR hates tf2pricecheck so much, and by proxxy, me? I got involved just now about a year ago, and I really didn't hear any of this. I'm assuming that everything that did happen, happened before I got there. I knew that outpost didn't like us, but I didn't think it extended to SR.
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Nobody said that SR hated anything here. Try not to derailed this thread from it's base topic (that goes for everyone).

Chances are, none of these people actually blocked you. Some were probably away, some may have specific reasons for not accepting. I will forward this to penguin.
  11. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:
    Thank you. I understand that y'all are very busy. I can see that just from looking at the number of daily comments vintage cobra gets about mm'ing.

I'm not entirely sure that penguin blocked me, but I wasn't able to readd him, so I assumed he did. (I think there's a glitch in steam where if you ignore an invite, it's almost like blocking the person. You have to go in and block, and then unblock the person to get it to work again.) I do know that M guy did block me though. I just now noticed that he says that he blocks anyone with a steam level under 25.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    not everybody is aware that if you ignore a friend request, that the person cannot try to re-add you, same with group invites, if you ignore the group invite, you cannot be invited for the same group again.

On topic of tf2PC, as SR we really do not care about price check sites / price lists etc. There have been some trouble with some of them in the past, in regards to gimmick the Pricelist to gain profit etc. But traders out there really hate the argument "but on XX it is listed as price YY". Basically they hate all price listings etc. Its the "roaming traders" vs the "list traders" I'd guess.
  13. Randinie Grey Beard

Randinie Grey Beard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8100589
    Might also add that if you add someone, than remove that add request, than try and re add them within 24 hours, steam (not the user) will auto ignore you. You will receive a message saying this user is ignoring you while that user is completely unaware of that event.
  14. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I denied you because you added me when I was offline. I get a lot of adds. However I only accept them if I am online, if I recognize the person from personal interactions, or they had added me after posting in one of my trades. It was nothing personal, just my way of handling the load I get. I am more than happy to middleman for anyone that I deem safe enough after a small background check that I perform on the person prior to rendering services.

Who you are affiliated with means little to me. I personally do hate price check sites (they are impossible to keep up to date with the actual eb and flow of trading and lead to inexperienced traders blindly quoting them as if the prices were some sort of passage from the bible refusing to accept that it should only be a starting point to guide them in the right direction..... getting off track here) , but that bias does not carry over into the duties that I perform.
  15. andrew.kirfman

andrew.kirfman New User

Steam:

thank you. I really appreciate it. I know y'all are really busy all the time, and I figure it does take a ton of work to sort through a ton of adds. I did jump to conclusions and think that people blocked me, but it was because I got worried when I couldn't readd anyone.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Helen has so many ppl wanting to talk with her that she uses small groups to let them. Makes it pretty chaotic for her tho.
  17. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Locking this since the issue has been resolved.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.