1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Admins, got any advice for marking/appealing quicker?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Sep 12, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    I looked through many appeals and scam reports. Some scam reports (not counting phishers) seem to be processed within a month at most, while others are completely ignored for much longer or forever.

Same goes for appeals. I seen some appeals dating back to 2012, and don't get why.

At first I thought, maybe lack of evidence but that doesn't seem to be the case either.
    (I helped a friend of mine get lots of evidence on a Scammer who was already marked by Valve who's thread is still not looked at)
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198071542855.36569/

Is it random luck for some threads to be looked at while others are ignored.
    Is it too much work?
    (If that's the case, why keep the thread open since it will never be looked at unless if you get more staff)

A scammer not being marked is a little sad, but for those innocent traders who's appeal got ignored(some of them gave up)...I feel really bad for.

----------------
    So any advice for reporters/appealers?
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I'll be honest. I'm really tired of seeing these "PLZ HELP PPL RNT TAKIN MY APPEAL THREAD..." Second to the "HAO DO I BECUM MIDDLEMANG" threads.

Ridiculous
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    They can ignore my friend's appeal thread if they want..
    I plan on making a video on my channel on how to make a report/appeal in a proper way to make it easier on staff, and hopefully the best way to reduce the time.

At this point, all I would say is this..
    Post the scammer & victum's id, add screenshots. Click watch thread, and then prey that you are the lucky winner to have your report/appeal looked at.
    Not very encouraging is it?
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    The mods look at reports based on how old they are. So its nothing about luck its all about joining a queue and waiting for you to be at the front of said queue.
  5. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    ^ not true exactly. Like I said, some reports are looked at sooner then others. While other reports are never looked at again.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Most used sorting is oldest reply by mods. Bumping is counter-productive.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't think anyone is getting ignored - as noted if you bump the threads that just makes it worse for trying to keep a timeline of when the threads were created.

My question to the Op here is why the constant questions for many of which were answered in some form on older threads themselves, or better yet why not just ask someone in private rather than spam the general forums to boost your post count... hell may as well post 5 more times and hit 200.
  8. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    Mods don't mind being bugged privately? you can delete my post count if your bothered by it.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Depends I guess, I disabled all such on myself.