1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Would i get tagged if i do this trade with a marked scammer ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Corillo~//Risem, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Corillo~//Risem

Corillo~//Risem New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52038203
    Hello !
    I just got added by a user who would like to purchase my massed flies collection, for pure buds (all the buds are in his bp right now). He offeres me 34 buds pure and i would definately consider taking it if he didnt had that tag. Link to his profile :
    http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198075584386

What i would like to know:
    Would i be marked as scammer, although that trade has nothing to do with cash or scammed hats ? Since he is purchasing my hats and i wouldnt "help him out" in any way.
    His tag is also 3 months old and the account seems to be actively used. He told me he got it because he was hijacked and that he ll propably be unmarked soon. He also has a sr admin in his friendslist

Thanks for reading, have a good one.
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    The user you're talking about currently has an appeal up, which means there is a chance he could lose his tag. I would just wait and see how his appeal goes. I f I were you I wouldn't risk my reputation for a single hat.
  3. Corillo~//Risem

Corillo~//Risem New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52038203
    Thanks a lot for the quick response, i think ive already read the faq some days ago but it seems that i missed that part, thought there would be like an unwritten extra rule for situations like that and i might better ask before risking my reputation, thanks !
  4. Jubei

Jubei New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14055031
    It's very possible he obtained those buds either by scamming them directly, or selling off items he scammed.