1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198073198008 aNeonGamer (SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Happy Taledega, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Happy Taledega

Happy Taledega New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56466140
    steamID: aNeonGamer
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:1111111
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073198008/
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aNeonGamer
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198073198008

(Let me explain everything that happened. Please read the entire thing!)
    I had this awesome idea that I should write +rep on people's profile for TF2 scrap! I thought it was the best idea, and I checked on TF2Outpost rules and Steam terms and conditions to see if I was breaking any rules. I did not find anything saying I could not do this, so I did it.

Eventually this guy adds me to do this trade. No one has been doing my trade, so I messaged my friend immediately when he wanted to do the trade. I got a reply back from him saying that he found out that this kind of trade was not aloud and was known as "fake rep". Realizing this, I messaged the guy saying that this trade was not aloud, and that he should not get into this kind of activity. The guy (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071237273) persuaded me to do the trade deal. I declined his request, and unfriended him. Little did I know was that he posted on my TF2Outpost trade (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13825385) saying that he traded me 2 weapons and that I was really nice, which is not true (except that I'm a nice guy :D) Back then, I did not realize how to hide a post, so I clicked the check box to hide it. Turns out that meant that I had accepted the deal. This is when I was screwed.

I get a message from someone else on my friends list saying that he was sorry I was banned from TF2 outpost. I jumped onto the computer to see why I was banned. All I was provided with was a link to my steamrep.com profile. Frightened, I wanted to get unbanned from TF2OP immediately. I typed up a quick reason why I shouldn't have been banned, and I was declined.

As of now, I am limited to my trading. Everyone thinks I am a hacker, scammer, sharker, and so on. I am none of these things, and I have a bad reputation now. For the people who had really looked into my profile, no one really even knew what fake rep was.

Please add me (STEAMID: aNeonGamer) I really need to talk to someone.
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336

Attached Files:

3. Happy Taledega

Happy Taledega New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I do care to. Yes, that is my profile. I had that bot name. And here's what really happened:

I was in this server a while back. I had the name on my profile because I was trying to convince my friend from school that I had an Unusual bot. Then how did that guy come up with "it tries to scam keys"?

I do remember that guy in chat calling me out. Let me get something straight. This guy TRADED ME FIRST questioning if this was a real bot. I replied no, it's just a name for my profile, and this account is not a bot. I then left the server (having to go somewhere).

Think I'm full of s✿✿✿? Well, where's the proof that I had ASKED FOR KEYS? There are only screenshots of this guy complaining, nothing else. This is an assumption based on someone:
    1) Misunderstanding me (very unlikely)
    2) Lying for no reason (likely)

I will not be banned for this crap. Only screenshots of someone complaining, ban report on an Admin believing a user on his/her server are the only pieces of "proof" given. So there you have it, nothing else to it.

Back to my Fakerep, there is no way anyone can prove me guilty. I never done anything wrong. Please get where I'm coming from, I'm not a scammer.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please disclose any alternate steam accounts you have, or ones that can be linked to you, even if not yours.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Happy Taledega

Happy Taledega New User

Steam:
    Disclosed all of them already, sorry I haven't been replying to thread, I haven't been on this website. Anyways, just to clear up stuff, Scrappy Doo the Scrap Banker is not my alternate as many people say. He is my friend. My other alternate is closed, which is my brother's. Can any Admin respond to my first argument?
  6. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44722387
    The SteamRep Staff are very understaffed and replying to your appeal is extremely difficult for them as they also have their own lives to care for. Just wait it out, In the mean time go out to the park and enjoy nature, I guess :/

You have nothing to worry about if you are telling the truth. It's only gonna be a matter of time XD.

Anyway Good Luck.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 week notice to followup
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    SR no longer tags users for fakerep, not because we dont care, but because its too prevalent for SR to deal with. This offense will be removed from your profile.

Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution.
    You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Based on your appeal, I also find the archived report against you about the fake unusual bot scamming users of keys in servers credible and do not believe your explanation of events, but the report lacks sufficient evidence to uphold a full banned tag. You also were given timely replies to your appeal and you failed to fully followup as requested. I am declining any further downgrade of your tag.