1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why was JAG disbanded?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by PowerLemons, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowerLemons

PowerLemons New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34779554
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Groups come and go, new groups try to develop and at this time of certain games its pointless. Many new groups are better off trying to get involved with those that are already established rather than try to waste resources mostly $$. In this case if you notice the link you posted has a July date on it so you are 6 months late and asking on the wrong site. I would add the person that made the posting on that steam page and ask them yourself.
  3. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Mainly an issue with the founder and head admin. Founder was an arsehole who expected the head admin to run everything and then expected to be allowed to do whatever he wanted. Basically it.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Sort of. Bottswana took the servers, site/forum down, and hooked it under the hood of Harpoon Games. So the server is still up and running, almost all admins except the one JAG Owner are now there.... believe maybe 1 or 2 other admins left as well by not maybe... dunno exactly, ask Eoj.

But one thing must be told imo, and thats that it was Bottswana's server all along, he arranged the server and site, maintenance, coding of site and plugins etc, all of it. In general my experience is that when the owner of a comm doesn't do the maintenance/coding, and is just doing nothing, then its not going to work out in the end for that comm, unless the maintainer is real close friends.
    Test and Backseatsman like this.
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805

Well yeah, but it was mainly for the reasons I stated above as I was there during backseat and a few of the admins were on the brink of leaving (in the case of backs had already left). The server was bott's and when bott's resigned along with backseats and most of the admins (apart from like 2) that was when JAG lost the servers :3
    Backseatsman likes this.
  6. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Speaking purely as a HG admin, Backseat is a close friend of mine. Fuster who was the "Owner" of JAG did some rather rude things, including insulting admins and abusing his abilities. Fuster ended up causing some more issues on which the admins and him had differing opinions. He fired Backs, which led to pretty much everyone else not wanting to be there.

Botts who owned the servers, sites and everything, decided that if Fuster was going to act that way, despite having JAG for free, he wasn't wanting to be there. He offered Fuster a few weeks to find new hosting. Fuster went apeshit, posted that joke of an announcement, and as I am friends with many of the JAG admins, I offered the majority of them positions and there.

tldr: Fuster wasn't really the owner, he decided to make some poor decisions, fired the Head Admin, led to everyone leaving, he went apeshit. Most moved to Harpoon.
  7. Rami

Rami New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43201267
    There were actually 2 owners of JAG. One payed for pretty much everything by working his ass off (not giving his name out) and Fuster did nothing apart from play DOTA 2. The owner ended up having a lot of arguments with Fuster as he was sick of Fuster not wanting to help. Eventually he was driven away from JAG and with Fuster not wanting to pay for anything the responsibility fell down to Bottswana who kindly accepted it.

Which then lead to the series of events that led to JAG dying.

All in short Fuster was a lazy, uncooperative person who technically owned nothing, but thought he could do whatever he wanted and treat people like poop, causing most of the staff including me to leave.
  8. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    The question to this thread has been more than answered and has now turned to attacking a user. I can understand frustrations with another. However all that needed said was a difference in staff opinions and left at that without directly targetting anyone.

I am locking this thread to prevent any further negative comments as this is not the place to start a flame war.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.