1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it possible to get banned from spycrabbing?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Professor Prariredoge, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Professor Prariredoge

Professor Prariredoge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23795026
    So I think this guy said first to 3 loses (spycrab) but tnt exploded I got 1 and I told him FBOMB that I exited the trade and he said I am winning by 1 I told you first to 3 wins I was like let's go again he didn't want to he said he reported me to steam and steam rep I checked steam rep and there was no report but he left he said "I am done." will I get be vac banned or bad steamrep?
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'm not really sure what happened, severe interpunction failure above, making it pretty impossible to settle the correct meaning.

Spycrab "general" 1:1 rules:
    - Settle the bet
    - Have a MM / Admin on the server to observe/MM the bet.
    - The first to do 3 spycrabs LOSES.

If no trade happened, and there is not enough proof of:
    - the bet
    - the spycrab outcome
    Then any report will be denied.

I even believe we're not looking really into them atm, due that we highly recommend using a trade admin on the server to do the spycrabs if for anything valuable.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Some servers have a way to control this better such as mine I have a map on that has private "lockable" spycrab rooms to avoid disruption. I also require people to use chat when agreeing upon wagers vs using voice that I can't monitor or save logs of and I advice people to screen shot as they go along if its something of a large wager for sure.
    The rules are murky to many as there are no universal rules so that is why I stated the above about having logs and screens to verify what is going on thru the whole process. So with this situation (which by the way is hard to understand based on how you typed it all out) it sounds as if there wasn't much to it and won't be aside from this post that you made so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Knucklejoe and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  4. Professor Prariredoge

Professor Prariredoge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23795026
    Sorry for the LQ post just clear somethings up
    - It was a minecraft server we both died
    - I believed he said first to three loses

Sorry again for the LQ post. If I get banned I will let you guys know.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    spycrabbing on a Minecraft server????? never heard of that one....
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ehh it was most likely one of those toss up trade servers using a cheap minecraft map.
  7. -[FF]- Taco

-[FF]- Taco New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61483426
    Leaving mid-way a Spycrab gamble is considered scamming, so is not paying. Report anyone who does do either of these with proof ;) If they leave mid-way, it means they know they will lose and they are trying to get away from paying you at the end.
  8. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Well in all fairness seeing as they both died the spycrab should have just been reset instead of one person claiming they won.