1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Trader, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Trader

Trader New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19875387
    This isn't an appeal, a question instead.
    I have been marked scammer on steamrep for a few years now since UHC, and I did everything I thought possible to appeal the tag to actually be able to join popular TF2 servers.
    I'm not going to explain why I am innocent, but I have appealed before and been denied because of use of an alternate account.

I would be able to do nearly anything to get this tag off, but it appears there is nothing left to do, It's like being put on probation indefinitely. Being marked as a scammer automatically gets me tons of hate from normal players. Once they find out I am marked, they think they have the right to hate me and everything I do. It crushes your entire reputation on gaming communites, I can't even join the r/dota2trade subreddit. I have even owned my own gaming community for a few years now;
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Is there anything a marked scammer like me can do to get out of being marked?
    I would honestly pay money but that just sounds like a bribe to me, and would probably put me further down the hole. All players not marked as scammers have no clue what it's like to be an innocent player that has been marked scammer for years.

Also please if you can avoid posting saying how i'm lying or something similar, I get something like that said to me anytime I mention my tag.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    | steamname: purple
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:19875387
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000016503
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/makronrules
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198000016503

http://manncotrading.com/sourcebans/UTC/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:19875387&Submit=

Name of Sourcebans admin may have been mixed up due database issues with migrations of the sourcebans between UHC, UTC and then MCT.

Handling of tagging was completely different back in the day then its nowadays. Problems that are now:
    - The tag is "legacy" by now. only UTC did in its first 3 months appeals for UHC.
    - Cannot expect the admin to remember the case. If that is the admin, and not one of the others.
    - Evidence gathering was back then a lot more like: admin seen it, and bans for it. No records being kept.
    - The responsible party for the tag is MCT, they handle appeals for UHC, UTC and ofcourse their own MCT tags. SR cannot help you with that.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    ah, tho the stuff that old was gone from tf2items...

[​IMG]
  5. Trader

Trader New User

Steam:
    Yes this is it, this is the item that ruined my steam reputation, so many attempts at explaining how I got this, not a single person believed me. I'm 99% sure a friend of mine gave this to me, I didn't make it myself. (Wow those 2 keys I remember accidentally getting an amazing deal for those because neither of us knew the price of them *early days*)
    Thanks for the explanation though Silent Reaper, I was never exactly sure how older bans were processed. I was banned by UHC by I think Cobra42 or something like that.
  6. Trader

Trader New User

Steam:
    Nevermind, somehow I had tons of keys before that. I guess I learned about keys before I got marked.
  7. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    ^ got access to your account?
    If so, you can go to your Trade History and go back to the date of when you received the revolver.
    If you're telling the truth, the name big kill will be shown in the trade.

At this point, it sounds like it happened so long ago you don't even know if you purposely did this or not.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Not true, Trade history is only available for the steam trades. Back then it was only in-game trading, which was not recorded. I don't remember if inventory history was introduced along with steam trading, I believe it was a bit later...

Also, as I can see it, my earliest listed trades are from end of August 2011, which is 6 months after the listed backpack history on tf2items... so I don't think it was there yet around that time.... prolly introduced somewhere august 2011.
  9. Trader

Trader New User

Steam:
    I know for sure steam trading was introduced long after this happened.
  10. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    You wouldnt have been banned on a trade server by a trade admin if it happened before steam trading came out. Just saying.
  11. Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay FirePowered Owner Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23071901

In-game trading existed for years before Steam trading did.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    actually, just about 1 year.... TF2 in-game trading came out September 30, 2010, and my earliest steam trade recorded in my steam item history is August 2011, which was some tryout trades with friends to see what it looked like etc. In-game trading was phased out like early 2013 I think... there where some protests on the HLDS_* mailing lists for removing it.
  13. Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay FirePowered Owner Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23071901
    NinjaNick and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    yeah, they had to take it down, its much easier and wider to do steam trading (items of various games, steam items, games etc). And maintaining 2 different trading systems had some challenges in keeping things from going wrong. Some exploits where found that where abused by using both at same time etc. Ofc Valve was right on top and flinging with the big hammer on it... but still, easier to maintain 1 system instead of 2 totally different ones.

But ok, this topic is more about history now then the OP's question....
  15. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I retract my statement as I replied on my phone while at work so I didn't read and respond to my fullest. When I read it I was more of comprehending him as saying it was before trading itself existed, thus why I responded as I did.

But back on track, as the head admin of MCT, I can review this case at MCT. We have everything we need there to work on UTC (and in rare instances UHC) tags. However, do not take this as any guarantee that your tag will be removed considering the reason/nature for the tag.